Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez counts, and always has afaik, like the npcs aren't there.

It doesn't. It's something like 0.6% of their normal speed. If the npc in question has a sow, it appears higher. I visited several groups days after this change went live. I didn't see much out of the ordinary.

One change that's coming next patch.. npcs won't juke and have such erratic movement. Kanras did a great job changing how npcs rotate if they are to turn.

If someone really wants to do in-depth research.. eqmac players, fraps yourself fighting an unsnared npc. When it gets to 20%, let's see how fast it runs away? Additional test: See how fast it runs when snared, and/or what % of hp it completely stops moving.

If changes are needed, they will certainly be looked into. From what I have seen, flee mechanics are way more classic now than they were previously.
Is this supposed to be 60% (.60) or 0.6% (0.006)?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this supposed to be 60% (.60) or 0.6% (0.006)?
Missing information on my part. Something like runspeed * 0.6
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez counts, and always has afaik, like the npcs aren't there.

That is for sure wrong. They know they are there and agro transfers. I wonder how I'm going to prove that they shouldn't run until the last one standing tho....
Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Banned

not only do mobs run away while others are mezzed, but in a pack of mobs all being tanked, they will run away when at 20%. It's a rampant problem across the board.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

pretty sure metallikus is right
Old 06-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.. in a pack of mobs all being tanked, they will run away when at 20%. It's a rampant problem across the board.
I don't believe this is a problem across the board as it does not happen everywhere. Of course, that it only happens in some areas probably makes the cause trickier to identify than a genuine global issue. I haven't done extensive testing, but I suspect the cause may be faction- or level-related.

I've yet to encounter a single runner moving at sow/selo speed except in cases where the mob is sow'ed. The volume of complaints suggest that it may happen on occasion as some sort of glitch, but doesn't appear common.

---------------------------

A mob being healed above its flee threshold will continue fleeing at a significant rate of speed for a long time. This is easily reproduced.

Danth
Old 05-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't believe this is a problem across the board as it does not happen everywhere. Of course, that it only happens in some areas probably makes the cause trickier to identify than a genuine global issue. I haven't done extensive testing, but I suspect the cause may be faction- or level-related.

I've yet to encounter a single runner moving at sow/selo speed except in cases where the mob is sow'ed. The volume of complaints suggest that it may happen on occasion as some sort of glitch, but doesn't appear common.

---------------------------

A mob being healed above its flee threshold will continue fleeing at a significant rate of speed for a long time. This is easily reproduced.

Danth
Sorry to necro a thread, but has anyone else noted this still to be an issue? Pretty much everywhere I go, I've noted that no matter how many things you are fighting everything will run at low HP (if it is a fleeing mob); regardless of CC.

As I recall, in live you actually didn't even to have the other targets engaged. I would finesse positioning with my monk by fighting near another mob, just out of LoS around a corner. The target you were fighting would not run, even though his "ally" was not engaged. This functioned much the same way, although with considerably less range, that healing mobs assist heal/buff others through walls.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

Run speed is still a bit crazy, but is mitigated by the pause when a mob turns. I can solo again with my monk; still, it does get dicey.