Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can we compete when the rules keep changing?

FACT: The raid rules are here. Effective July 2012.

FACT: In order to compete on this server within the given ruleset, you have to know the rules.

FACT: We are now being told that some encounters are first to damage, which is contradictory to the posted raid rules.

So if we don't know the rules, how is anyone supposed to compete on this server?

Please update the raid rules if there are different rules for different encounters so we can adapt accordingly and compete on a level playing field. Otherwise, please be consistent with the raid rules and rulings in accordance with the raid rules. Again, no one is saying TMO didn't have FTE... the logs clearly show that. We're concerned about "what rules are in effect on a particular mob so we can best position ourselves to compete for ownership of the kill?"

It's like playing a game of football and the refs deciding amongst themselves whether they're playing by college or NFL rules, and not telling you until the yellow flag is thrown and the penalty is assessed, and then potentially changing which rules they're going by before each play.
Pay attention now,

the week of thanksgiving i sat in Vent with multiple representatives from each BDA, FE, and TMO. they brought up the same crap you are bringing up, and probably for the same reasons. one of the very first things that was brought up was why dont they have a concrete black and white set of rules? it was a very fair question, and i told them all at that time, the reason for that is because every situation is different, every mob is different, and we absolutely no intentions of ever painting the raid scene rules in one simple brush stroke, because it's simply invites loopholing and rule lawyering, and we wont be dealing with that. we are going to use the common sense rule around here. if thats to hard to understand, maybe you should pass the torch.

as much as i hate wasting my time by repeating the same thing, i'm going to go ahead and assume that nobody from your guild bothered to share anything from our NATO Guild Summit with you, or with your guildies, for whatever reason.

the rules do not exist for you and your pals to try and work around, nor do they exist for you to try and find loopholes in wording to gain an unintended advantage, nor do they exist so that some young lawyer can try and pass the p99 bar exam.

the rules exist, and you know what they are for the most part, as different things present themselves, the rules will be adjusted to keep up with the times. when in doubt, use common sense, because when i look at a situation, i use common sense to decide who gets the mob, or who gets banned, or who gets the camp, or who gets the loots, or who gets FTE etc etc. regardless of how you try to work around it, i will always enforce the spirit of the rule.

now i have explained this issue multiple times on multiple levels, i'm considering the matter settled. if you have further legitimate questions and not just butt hurt QQ, then make a petition in the petition/exploit section, or send me, or another staff member a PM. any player that sends me a legitimate question via PM has always gotten a response.

i hope you have a wonderful day,
Love,
Sirks

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 01-05-2013 at 04:38 AM..
Closed Thread