Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how I was trained, too. A .22LR can be nearly as lethal as some larger rounds because head shots and the like are going to drop someone regardless, but--hollywood lies be damned--most shootings aren't fatal, and if that .22 doesn't actually kill the target, odds are the target is still attacking. Consequently you really want to avoid the very small cartridges unless you have no choice. Once you get to about .380, all of the popular pistol rounds--.380, 9mm, .38 special, .40, .45--offer basically similar success rates at stopping an aggressor and there's not much of a jump up until you get to stuff like .357 and .44 magnums.

Back then very small rounds, .22 range or below, could be a special threat because they would sometimes separate through the kevlar weave in ballistic vests when a nominally more powerful but physically larger round would be stopped. That made the Five-Seven a unique and special threat, albeit a very rarely encountered one. I've been told that more modern vests do a better job at stopping those types of rounds.

A lot of the trouble with firearms in this country stems from the reality that too many folks base most of their gun knowledge on hollywood productions, which are almost entirely lies even down to the sound effects uses. There are people who've been shot at and didn't realize it because they expect it to sound like the cannon fire guns are usually dubbed with in movies and not the little firecracker pop-pop-pop sounds that auto pistols actually make.

Note that there is a very, very large difference between a .22LR and a .223. Calibers only tell you more or less the diameter of the bullet, not even its mass and certainly not the amount of force behind it.

Danth
Ah k this is good to know. I didn’t even remember the term for the amount of gunpowder in the bullet, shows how much I know about guns :/
Old 06-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

We watched those.. watcha call em.. "Faces of Death" is what I always remember but when i look it up it isn't right. Anyway, we got them from the (vhs) movie rental stores locally when we were kids. Edit note: This was also when America took a real honest pride in saying Fuck You to the rest of the world and proudly displayed items that were banned in other countries.

People chopping the hands and feet off militia men with a machette then wrapping the stumps in plastic grocery bags. With footage of the person after crying and moaning with their stumps.

Lived with those images practically my whole life now, don't get off on that shit.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:01 PM
Banned

Why were ppl shooting him and his GF?
Old 06-01-2022, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We watched those.. watcha call em.. "Faces of Death" is what I always remember but when i look it up it isn't right. Anyway, we got them from the (vhs) movie rental stores locally when we were kids. Edit note: This was also when America took a real honest pride in saying Fuck You to the rest of the world and proudly displayed items that were banned in other countries.

People chopping the hands and feet off militia men with a machette then wrapping the stumps in plastic grocery bags. With footage of the person after crying and moaning with their stumps.

Lived with those images practically my whole life now, don't get off on that shit.
Yeah similar to those scenarios there were these 2 early 20’s girls who went backpacking in Morocco, and previous to this they had been posting on social media how everyone was inherently good and the world is full of good people and just flowery stuff like that

They were beheaded by wanna-be ISIS fighters and that was captured on video. I refuse to watch the video but in the news and in the comments to the story people were calling these girls tragically “naive”

I personally don’t understand how these girl’s generation can grow up so naive with such easy access to the internet. When I was a kid the internet had just come out, and I would go to my grandparents’ house to go on it. It didn’t have filters back then and it wasn’t long until like 10yr old me had stumbled onto sites like Rotten.com and Ogrish.com which had videos of people being set on fire while alive, beheaded, or cut to pieces with machetes

The internet sort of traumatized me as a little kid and that’s when the pedestal of innocence was kicked out from under me. That’s when I realized the world was full of fucked up and dangerous people and going into the wrong part of it meant possible torture and a horrible death

I think anyone who grows up as naive as those girls were must have had parents who sheltered them from the dark corners of the internet. And that’s great to do with your kids, but you need to explain the danger some other way then…
Old 06-01-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don’t understand how these girl’s generation can grow up so naive
You'll only learn things if you want to learn. The best lessons in the world will be lost on an audience who doesn't want to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah k this is good to know. I didn’t even remember the term for the amount of gunpowder in the bullet, shows how much I know about guns :/
Really those types of details don't matter overmuch for a discussion like this. Any citizen of this nation, however, owes it to himself to have at least enough familiarity with firearms that he can pick up a random gun, and tell either that it's safe or if need be make it so. To do that you don't necessarily need to know the difference between a 9mm and a .38 special, but you do need to know the difference between a revolver and an automatic and how each of them tend to work.
Last edited by Danth; 06-01-2022 at 12:42 PM..
Old 06-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
The pedestal of innocence was kicked out from under me. That’s when I realized the world was full of fucked up and dangerous..
5 years old. We start training at 5 years old. We don't even hide the truth from anyone at any age. The discipline starts as soon as possible though. And the tests and trials at 5.

Those who are dishonorable and disabled and fail lose their rights. It's game over. Life is too fragile to cut anyone of any demographic or class or ability any slack whatsoever.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

This show is the best.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 years old. We start training at 5 years old. We don't even hide the truth from anyone at any age. The discipline starts as soon as possible though. And the tests and trials at 5.

Those who are dishonorable and disabled and fail lose their rights. It's game over. Life is too fragile to cut anyone of any demographic or class or ability any slack whatsoever.
Speaking of cutting..
Old 06-01-2022, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of cutting..
I'm ready.

*doubles over in agony*

No don't post that suicide gif. Suicide is not the Christian way.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vests aren't all the same and different ones give different levels of protection. The large majority of vests used in daily wear by law enforcement are going to be designed to be proof against commonly-encountered pistol rounds--9mm, .45's, and the like. I never wore one that was proof against more than something like a magnum. A rifle round would've gone right through them. High-power rifles are a different animal entirely, with dramatically greater penetration. They'll shoot through cinderblock walls. Body armor that can resist such rounds exists, but unless things have greatly changed in the past 5-10 years, it's seldom worn on the street due to bulk and discomfort. It's hot and miserable. Even where armor can resist those types of rounds the person wearing it is still likely to be injured from the blunt force of the impact.

Danth
Deflect. Waa waa waa, answered the question not. Anywho.
So we had cops complaining they had no gear. Cant go in.
Volunteer law abiding parents trying to use their courage to save their kids hindered and actively stopped from being the good guy with a gun. (Just like you all want and constantly rave about why yas need guns. Agree btw)
As stated before. Off duty, and unarmored, with a borrowed gun was more use. And was not hindered.
You guys be crazy defending these cops. And i know, the cops dont hafta defend you. But did they have to hinder?
Anywho, blah blah body armor is no good. We need guns to protect ourselves fro da gubbament. Libtards suck and NRA wanna protect kids by arming teachers with no body armor... circle begins.