Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit better not be active on red99 I swear to god.
Cry some more about how hard eq is. Even if you get 50% exp on every kill with your mage/nec, you are still not leveling as slow as a troll sk.

And people have leveled troll/ogre sks just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because not everything is classic, sometimes on purpose, so when something is nerfed in the name of "classic" it's bothersome.

I have a feeling when I log on and start kiting I'm gonna take a massive XP hit, because my pet normally does a lot more than 50% of the damage because of the DOT reduction on moving targets. I used to think I was doing more than 50% because I got decent XP, but now I know that that's not the case at all.

Revert this change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You short sighted scrub, why should your nec/mage avoid the benefits of classic eq, while a hybrid exp penalty which the original devs later removed in velious stating that it wasn't necessary still be in game?

Eq is tough, that's what makes it great. You still are not leveling as slow as a troll/ogre sk, with more utility and less downtime as well.

I was going to continue quoting more people up in arms about a classic change, but what's the point. You're eq players, you're supposed to have thicker skin. Adapt.
Last edited by DarthPeon; 10-24-2011 at 05:32 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Sarnak

good less mages and necs this effects charmd pets to im guessing? dont see why it wouldnt but wondering anyway
Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Aviak

As a mage I have no issue with doing 50% of damage infact I welcome it as it makes the class more fun to play. But with pet aggro the way it is this is not workable. The only way I can use my nukes and not get aggro is to nuke only when it takes mobs into flee mode.

Honestly this should have been done in line with pet aggro fixes which strikes me as commonsense and I think the pet aggro fixes should be top priority for fixes.

But I think the developers are doing a fantastic job and I have loved my return to the world of EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tim
Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juugox2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good less mages and necs this effects charmd pets to im guessing? dont see why it wouldnt but wondering anyway
my necro pet does maybe 5% damage if that even to mobs so not an issue either way.

I think they nerfed pet damage at some point, my brand new lvl 16 pet dies to blue mobs like a pushover.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingelefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
felt this firsthand tonight. had an aggro kite group with a mage and necro... exp was painfully slow due to pet nerf. i can see why you guys might want to nerf solo play of mages as it stands now, but this solution isn't making mages or necros particularly appealing to groups. after tonight, i'll be leaning towards groups with 1 or less pet class. and hell no to charm pets in groups!
this bears repeating, multiple times, in this thread. i would be absolutely thrilled to be in a group every time i log in on my enchanter, it's part of the reason why i made him. i'm 100% positive that charmed pets will outdamage and KS from any duo, most trios, and even some full group compositions. this is a huge nerf to enchanter grouping ability, and i think mages and necros will encounter some of the same problems.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

And yet pet classes will still level faster then all others

And yet groups with pet classes will still kill far faster then all others, i.e. more loot, easier named kills, be able to hold down higher level camps better..etc.etc.etc

There is nothing to cry about.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet pet classes will still level faster then all others
inb4 druid/bard
Old 10-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You short sighted scrub, why should your nec/mage avoid the benefits of classic eq, while a hybrid exp penalty which the original devs later removed in velious stating that it wasn't necessary still be in game?

Eq is tough, that's what makes it great. You still are not leveling as slow as a troll/ogre sk, with more utility and less downtime as well.

I was going to continue quoting more people up in arms about a classic change, but what's the point. You're eq players, you're supposed to have thicker skin. Adapt.
I've already said it's not affecting me. I'm doing more than 50% of the damage when I solo. I was afraid I wasn't, but I do.

I don't think we should have the XP penalty either btw. It never served a purpose other than frustration. It's a product of the early days of one of the earliest MMORPGs, when things were very much experimental. I mean they let something like the manastone exist for a while, not knowing how OP it really was. Things back then were an experiment in MMORPG design, and while they got most of it right they got somethings glaringly wrong (and not coincidentally repealed at some point later in the game).

When you see these nerfs to pet classes and yet a dev saying pet delay will never be changed, you question their motives. Are they trying to make this server truly classic, or are they trying to balance it as they see fit, regardless of classic? It does make you wonder.

Aggro is screwed up which makes it tough to do that much damage to a mob (necros have spells to keep mobs away) and pet delay in classic let you kill at a faster rate, somewhat negating the XP hit from a pet that did the majority of damage.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

I am sooo glad my Chanter is level 60. I knew this was coming! Another reason that Shamans become the premium solo class from what I remembered on Live.

For those like MrSparkle that are complaining...its not about YOUR convenience. Its about EQclassic. Or as close to it that the Devs believe make their server classic. I played a Chanter and a Rogue from 1999 on on live. Rogues were broken and Enchanters were badass...at first. Nerf after nerf and fix after fix...the Rogue got better and my Chanter got worse hehe. Both classes ended up almost always having to group to get xp consistently.
Last edited by casdegere; 10-24-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

This only works while soloing right? It shouldn't work in groups, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Closed Thread