Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

For the love of all that is decent, some moderator please lock this thread. It's becoming RnF fodder and doesn't deserve to be.

Froog, if you've petitioned and your appeal has been denied, you're essentially screwed unless you can convince Rogean to overturn the decision. Good luck with that. In any case, this is not the right place to be trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Nothing really matters here honestly, deal with it. The rules are not enforced. I argued with Nilbog in a civil manner (but said something he said was bullshit, it was) and Uthgaard banned me for it while personally attacking me in a post (he broke the rules and I got banned for it). Then when I responded to that all my game accounts were banned including friends who had connected form my IP at some point. The petition forum was worthless because I kept having my account banned even if I did nothing but make a petition saying I was unfairly banned. Eventually I just gave up and left since I had already missed Kunark launch now anyway (this happened like a week before Kunark).

So, I was unfairly banned for arguing with staff (that's literally all I did) by a staff member who broke a rule while banning me for not breaking a rule then the only form of contacting an admin was cut off by staff who repeatedly banned my forum account sometimes before even making a post. Missed Kunark launch while being asked to wait in the rand(1,100) year petition thread queue. Said fuck it and left, came back after Uthgaard resigned and hundreds of MQ2 users were being allowed to keep their accounts, characters, and items, and asked Rogean to unban me in IRC. He unbanned me and told me I shouldn't have been banned in game for anything that happened on the forums (likely he never even knew any of this was happening before).

The customer service here works like this...

Nilbog -> Project manager but refuses to look beyond code/development
Rogean -> Does everything but is too busy to help you
Devs -> Complain constantly about GM work (Uthgaard) taking away from dev time
Guides -> Will change your name if it's Suckdizz Ballsack

I've always complained there is a major hole here where actual GMs belong in between developers and guides. GMs should only be dealing with things like this, where someone thinks they're unfairly banned, they act as third party arbitration. Guides should have more power (sounds like that has changed recently). Until this middle ground is filled though with someone who doesn't do any actual policing and serves only as a review board lots of unfair bans are going to happen and NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. Come back in 6 months and ask Rogean/Nilbog about it in IRC when they're not busy and you might get lucky like I did.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always complained there is a major hole here where actual GMs belong in between developers and guides. GMs should only be dealing with things like this, where someone thinks they're unfairly banned, they act as third party arbitration. Guides should have more power (sounds like that has changed recently). Until this middle ground is filled though with someone who doesn't do any actual policing and serves only as a review board lots of unfair bans are going to happen and NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. Come back in 6 months and ask Rogean/Nilbog about it in IRC when they're not busy and you might get lucky like I did.
On private servers it doesn't matter. They have nobody to answer to and nothing to answer for. They gonna lose their job or something? Nope. What's the worst that can happen, the server's owner saying they can't GM anymore? That's about it.

It's very hard to find a dedicated group of impartial and fair GMs to run a private server. Not impossible, but very hard. When there's nothing keeping you accountable for your actions as an authority figure there's nothing stopping you from abusing your position.

And I'm not saying that's what's happening here. I'm saying in my many years of onling game-playing I've seen the same things over and over on private servers. I occasionally play on a Dark Age Of Camelot private server (called Uthgard btw), and those GMs are really good. I tip my hat to them. I also played on a popular EQ private server a few years ago and it was less-than-good (I have screenshots of Cazic Thule being spawned in NRO just for kicks). My experience with Wyvern Online was atrocious. Allegiance Online has game leaders who will boot you if you don't follow their orders - "fly this ship and do this thing or you can't play here". It goes on like that. The good private servers are the minority.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-16-2011 at 12:48 PM..
Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the love of all that is decent, some moderator please lock this thread. It's becoming RnF fodder and doesn't deserve to be.

Froog, if you've petitioned and your appeal has been denied, you're essentially screwed unless you can convince Rogean to overturn the decision. Good luck with that. In any case, this is not the right place to be trying.
In the petition forums I kept track of the amount of views my posts were recieving. other then my own they got the axact amount more views as posts Amelinda made stating ...... "no play for you!" and whatnot
So I assumed it was safe to cocnclude that only Amelinda , the person that banned me, was the only one that had read any of them.

Thats the reson I tried posting here, hoping a different and not so personally invested gm who I know from personal experience would make a fair and unbuiased decision.,...

Like Uthgaar (tho i relize now hes gone, lol I did not know he had left as I have been banned since june.) Apparently according to the threads ive read, which I don't put too much stock in until i can verify any facts,.. his name is mud now or whatever with the p99 crew because he took a stand and stated he was disgusted that 365 people were not banned like the rules clearly state they should have been.

These people were caught blatantly cheating for personal gain. and were given a "slap on the wrist" or whatever for a bannable offence they knew they were breaking.

Then, according to the numerous posts, he made it clear he thought it was becuase they were friends with Rogean and /Or nilbog and was so disgusted at the special treatment friends of the server staff recieved he said fuck this and quit.... so anyway I guess Uthgaar is unable to help me now, which is too bad, he was a forceful, tough GM... but he was very honest and fair IMO, and I hope the rest f the staff are as fair and decent as he was.

I have had little dealings with them (Other then Rogean, who also was very fair, and pretty funny too, he had us aklll laughing one day when he came into a zone to CS rez after a sever lag.) and well.. Amelinda who i have had 90 seconds of online dealings with, and then just a whole bunch of "you got banned, don't wanna hear it, its permasnent.. etc etc

Hope that was all just gossip or Im gonna be pretty screwed as I am not a personal friend of any of the GM's

I have a hard time beleiving that stuff tho.

I would, however, really really appreciate it, if one of the GM's would be so kkind as to just take a little time to aaddress the issue.

Or at the very least.. to resond in any way to this thread.

Or even better.. lol.. unbann the accounts behind the scenes as I am still checking them every hour ><
Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the petition forums I kept track of the amount of views my posts were recieving. other then my own they got the axact amount more views as posts Amelinda made stating ...... "no play for you!" and whatnot
So I assumed it was safe to cocnclude that only Amelinda , the person that banned me, was the only one that had read any of them.

Thats the reson I tried posting here, hoping a different and not so personally invested gm who I know from personal experience would make a fair and unbuiased decision.,...

Like Uthgaar (tho i relize now hes gone, lol I did not know he had left as I have been banned since june.) Apparently according to the threads ive read, which I don't put too much stock in until i can verify any facts,.. his name is mud now or whatever with the p99 crew because he took a stand and stated he was disgusted that 365 people were not banned like the rules clearly state they should have been.

These people were caught blatantly cheating for personal gain. and were given a "slap on the wrist" or whatever for a bannable offence they knew they were breaking.

Then, according to the numerous posts, he made it clear he thought it was becuase they were friends with Rogean and /Or nilbog and was so disgusted at the special treatment friends of the server staff recieved he said fuck this and quit.... so anyway I guess Uthgaar is unable to help me now, which is too bad, he was a forceful, tough GM... but he was very honest and fair IMO, and I hope the rest f the staff are as fair and decent as he was.

I have had little dealings with them (Other then Rogean, who also was very fair, and pretty funny too, he had us aklll laughing one day when he came into a zone to CS rez after a sever lag.) and well.. Amelinda who i have had 90 seconds of online dealings with, and then just a whole bunch of "you got banned, don't wanna hear it, its permasnent.. etc etc

Hope that was all just gossip or Im gonna be pretty screwed as I am not a personal friend of any of the GM's

I have a hard time beleiving that stuff tho.

I would, however, really really appreciate it, if one of the GM's would be so kkind as to just take a little time to aaddress the issue.

Or at the very least.. to resond in any way to this thread.

Or even better.. lol.. unbann the accounts behind the scenes as I am still checking them every hour ><
You are trying so many different angles now its funny. Playing the GMs off against each other? Then trying some ass kissing? Then all but admiting you are guilty but want a "lesser punishment" like all those friends of Nilborg got.

You should of just stuck with the "my family, all ashes, tragedy, please help us" angle.

You are sounding more and more desperate by the post. Its over, you got caught. Your characters and items are gone, start over if you enjoy the game and this..

RESPECT the rules of your game hosts!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned

What about 365 people getting caught two boxing at once
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Kobold

this poor guy fucking loves everquest.

let him back imo
Old 10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about 365 people getting caught two boxing at once
Oh god...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I have never seen one good thing Amelinda has done to help people other than ban or suspend people.
I, too, have had unpleasant experiences with Amelinda. I couldn't even believe she was a GM at first how she was acting: disrupting an entire zone with shouts and changing up the camps in CB when there was nothing wrong with them.
Last edited by Muaar; 10-16-2011 at 05:01 PM..
Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Kobold

what the hell does everyone expect from a free server? pay the gm's and maybe they'll have time to spend on this.