Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p0st
i don't think mage and necro are on the same level of duoability, otherwise this is a pretty good post. i want to add that ranger/enchanter is actually a very strong combo outdoors and i would seek this combo more often if it weren't for the exp penalty. also, you can /duel your partner and he can root or snare your pet before you have to break charm.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

The power of a dru/enc duo is that the druid can keep the charmed pet perma-snared with the absurdly log duration of ensnare. This lets the enchanter safely charm much more powerful mobs and keep them hasted where this would otherwise mean automatic death on any charm break. This worked all the way up into fairly recent expansions - I remember doing it in Tipt and Vxed or whatever those GoD instances were called, charming mobs that quadded for 1100 per hit. Coupled with the decent healing and overall utility of the druid, it's a really solid duo. Cleric becomes better in Velious and onwards where you need CH to really heal the charmed pet noticeably, and you kinda need all three of these classes to truly exploit charm the way people did around 2003 or so. Technically you could just use enc/clr/rng which is what we did, but that's besides the point.
Last edited by Bockscar; 10-13-2011 at 01:18 PM..
Old 10-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Yea you're basically missing heals and snare.

I wouldn't discount the Necro yet. Yea the Mage has some perks over a Necro but plenty of disadvantages.

If you're talking about grinding mobs the mage/enchanter will rock. If you're talking killing REALLY nasty things you would be better off with a different combo. Just IMO, 2 cents, etc.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

enc dru is insane. Especially when charmed pets start doing ridiculous dps. 2 charmed dual wielding hasted pets just rape everything. And druids have the best utility for duo. Heals ports sow and evac. Evac is real nice once you get to places where everything summons.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enc dru is insane. Especially when charmed pets start doing ridiculous dps. 2 charmed dual wielding hasted pets just rape everything. And druids have the best utility for duo. Heals ports sow and evac. Evac is real nice once you get to places where everything summons.
+1. One of the better teams now that I think of it. In Velious the Druid will get Chloroblast too which ain't CH but it ain't shabby.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Kobold

You guys will do pretty well. Mage and enchanter do awesome as a team. Did this on live for a while, worked out great.

You handle the roots and debuffs, mage handles the nukes and pet.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

My vote is for enchanter/cleric. Enc/Mage is in theory the most powerful duo available IF you know exactly what you are doing and nothing goes wrong [earth pet roots, malo for long charms, monster dps]. But cleric/enchanter is a lot more forgiving. Druids are good too, but only in the outdoors, and you want to pharm phat loots indoors.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My vote is for enchanter/cleric. Enc/Mage is in theory the most powerful duo available IF you know exactly what you are doing and nothing goes wrong [earth pet roots, malo for long charms, monster dps]. But cleric/enchanter is a lot more forgiving. Druids are good too, but only in the outdoors, and you want to pharm phat loots indoors.
What are you talking about only in outdoors? Except for refreshing SOW everything a druid does works indoors. Ensnare is even more critical on pets when you can't use sow/jboots.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Kobold

So, basically, a magician will PL my enchanter... tempting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like the Ranger/Enchanter idea but I want to play a ranger and my friend seems to prefer casters.

Druid sounds like a great idea but, knowing my friend, I think that charming and healing is a bit beyond his abilities at the moment.

A magician is easier to play, so I will probably get him to create one and then let him decide if he enjoys it or not. If not, we'll try something else. Necro or Druid are the most attractive options.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Kobold

In the end, after a lot of deliberation, my friend has decided to play a necro.

We're now trying to decide if he's gonna be playing Iksar or Dark Elf. I think that the exp penalty will make him choose dark elf (yay!).

Thanks a lot for your help.
Closed Thread