Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Kobold

I got rid of my windows phone for a lot of reasons. I wouldn't recommend it, it's an unfinished product. So far iPhone is the best option out there that I'd recommend, as an engineer.

If you are going Android, avoid anything that still runs Delvik. Newer once are not bad, you just have to find one that isn't too messed up by customizations.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
If you are going Android, avoid anything that still runs Delvik. Newer once are not bad, you just have to find one that isn't too messed up by customizations.
I'm not a programmer by any stretch. What is Delvik and which phones have it? My last android phone was a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. My wife has a S4 that I've played with extensively.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Kobold

You can just google Dalvik vs ART and you'll get a lot of comparisons out there.

It's available in http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

So if the phone can't handle kit kat... I'd highly recommend avoiding it.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Windows phoneboys I see. Less than 2% of the phones I deal with are windows phones yet out of that sample size I see over 30% experience a issue requiring a warranty, that's counting 7, 8, and 8.1
Old 02-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Look I'm not actually angry, I've just seen marketing hype take it's toll. Microsoft invests more money into marketing their phones and paying for company trainings yet they all too frequently have huge glaring issues (Bluetooth handset incompatibility, screen freeze, audio cuts out in ear piece/microphone). Incredibly awkward email and facebook client. One of the least intuitive auto correct formats, and not media friendly at all. If you pay or use zune or like loading all your songs onto a memory card every time you want new music and are fine with poor technical support for a phone with a track record for software fuck ups dating back 7 years to the windows '6' phones then knock yourself out
Old 02-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonikos82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who pissed in your Cheerios Knuckle? I stopped reading when I realized your response held nothing of value (sometime around word three). I'll listen to anyone that has something constructive to say, but I don't have time for people like you.
No actually I put facts in, you've already proven you want the windows phone you just want reassurance, not reality. If my criticism offended you that just means you've already identified yourself with the phone as yours.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone trying to say their camera blows iPhone out of the water is in lala land. I will say their 1020 model or the one with the obnoxious camera sticking out for att is probably the best camera out there, but none of their other models are even close to that quality
Old 02-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quad post = mad?

That said, I work in IT support and see pretty much the same user experience reports as knuckle I'm afraid. High end androids are definitely the way to go if you're not going iOS.

What is it that you dislike about iOS?

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Old 02-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

lol @ all the wp haters. Unfinished OS?

Give me a break....It's one of the most secure phone O/S out there.

IOS is shit IMO and I will never use an apple. ITunes is clunky and I hate it. (But that's my opinion.....Who cares.)

IT support for what corporations? So you see a lot of blackberry and IOS? Maybe even palm? Who cares what businessmen use.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Windows most secure OS yall
Closed Thread