Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been noobing it up on the PC the past week and it's fun but crashes too often. Tanks kick ass, LAVs kick a little less ass, mobile AA kicks ass, attack boats kick ass, jets are a pain in the ass to fly and attack choppers seem neutered.

I have no idea what it's like on consoles, but it looks and sounds fantastic on PC with ultra settings.

Crank your mouse sensitivity all the way up when flying (if you're using a mouse and keyboard) the planes become infinitely more responsive, makes flying a blast.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Aviak

LuSiD_Dr3amer....feel free to add me. Also, join the BIG servers, so I can shoot your face off. I could have done all this in one post, but then I'll never be a Shadowed Man or.....whatever I get to be next.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAllen82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A. Trade in your PS4 for computer upgrades.....because who buys consoles for gaming still?

B. The game rocks, Dice was forced to release it a little too early but they are working out the bugs. It's pretty much just a way revamped BF3, better graphics, neater stuffs.

C. Premium is worth it if you would buy all the expansions, otherwise don't waste your money.

D. I just replied to several people without one time saying who I was talking to.

E. Where the hell is Velious.
Lmao, nice thread indeed sir. I bought PS3 and now PS4 to be able to play with friends and family of mine who do not play on their PC. And I am just so used to playing FPS games via controller that the transition to keyboard/mouse really inhibits my ability to play. Yes, I am sure I could get a controller to play with using my PC but that leaves out the friends/family part which is when I have the most fun playing!

I am glad you spoke about bugs. I feel bad for Dice because everyone puts the blame on them but they were forced into releasing it early. There's really only 2-3 bugs that have effected me.

1) The "rubber-banding" bug where you are running and get warped/staggered back to where you just came from 2 seconds before.

2) Some connection issues involving joining a game.

3) Shots not registering against my opponents.

They don't happen enough to make it unplayable and it seems to happen to everyone at the same time. Other then that I absolutely love this game and haven't even opened the new CoD that came with my PS4.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao, nice thread indeed sir. I bought PS3 and now PS4 to be able to play with friends and family of mine who do not play on their PC. And I am just so used to playing FPS games via controller that the transition to keyboard/mouse really inhibits my ability to play. Yes, I am sure I could get a controller to play with using my PC but that leaves out the friends/family part which is when I have the most fun playing!

I am glad you spoke about bugs. I feel bad for Dice because everyone puts the blame on them but they were forced into releasing it early. There's really only 2-3 bugs that have effected me.

1) The "rubber-banding" bug where you are running and get warped/staggered back to where you just came from 2 seconds before.

2) Some connection issues involving joining a game.

3) Shots not registering against my opponents.

They don't happen enough to make it unplayable and it seems to happen to everyone at the same time. Other then that I absolutely love this game and haven't even opened the new CoD that came with my PS4.

I don't think rubber-banding is actually a bug. It seems to be linked to incidences of players with extremely high ping jumping into the server and muddying the water. The hit registry though...my god the hit registry is awful. Netcode still needs alot of work too, but they're plugging away. I have faith, and the game is still great despite it's current flaws.
Last edited by TAllen82; 12-23-2013 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Forgot to write stuff
Old 12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAllen82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think rubber-banding is actually a bug. It seems to be linked to incidences of players with extremely high ping jumping into the server and muddying the water. The hit registry though...my god the hit registry is awful. Netcode still needs alot of work too, but they're plugging away. I have faith, and the game is still great despite it's current flaws.
I agree. I've seen an increase in rubber-banding in games with ~50+ players. I've also seen it in games with less players but it happens only once or twice in 30 minutes of gameplay. The hit registry has only happened to me once in however many hours it took me to get to level 16 so far. I'm with ya, I'll keep playing no matter what as it is an excellent game that I know they will only improve on.
Closed Thread