Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you Snackies for your thoughts and you certainly make valid points. Ultimately, what I have been trying for a while now is to get some clarification from the staff on these vague areas. BDA was raid suspended for being too close to Trakanon when he popped and they subsequently engaged so we are all trying to err on the side of safety however each week or encounter, we see other guilds pushing through the grey area without consequence so then we have no choice but to adopt those tactics the next time at which point there is additional encroachment on the spawn and into poop-socking (slippery slope)

I thought of proposing that we all agree to not log out in zones with target pops imminent and to mandate that guild members in the zone (other than trackers) not be involved in the engage however that got nowhere.. Perhaps we can get some agreement on this one point as a start? The windows are 16 hours so I am sure that members can resist killing Drolvarg #420 for a short period of time for example. Trackers can easily see who is in zone and check combat logs to see if those people are involved with heals, fighting, etc so that should be sufficient. This would be something all guilds can agree upon and we would not need to drag staff into it. If they get involved, it can be a lot harsher a policy than is wanted.
-----------------------
Old 02-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well our monk FD in the room claimed otherwise but I am not here to start a he said/she said debate about last nights VS.

Last night's VS proved that guilds are pushing boundaries with each respawn, and we need to define what is acceptable tactics for everyone to enjoy a competitive raid scene.

some of these encounters need specific 'encounter' rules that we can all agree to because like it or not each of these mobs has a vastly different set of circumstances that lead up to a successful kill. Its impossible for one grey sentence to simply define everything.
All that VS proved was your own willingness to immediate jump to a "they must be playing shady" conclusion, apparently without making any legitimate effort to verify the surrounding facts and/or attempt to talk it out with us before coming here to throw up this rather petty accusation. In fact, Snackies actually spent a good deal of night policing our guys in KC, and the only real complaint i heard going on was over the room being cleared by the trackers. Which wasn't us, but was something we've been telling our guild not to do.

Anyway, sometimes a little communication can go a long way, especially when you are dealing with second hand information. On that note, hit me up in game on Mazam if you want to exchange logs on your claim of our 5 man entrance poopsock. That certainly wasn't the case on spawn either btw.

(Sorry for the late reply too. Busy day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Trackers can't engage targets. Leave maximum at two trackers. The is more competitive as you not only need to get a force in zone, you need to zone in your tagger. Let the trackers only track.
2) No more grabbing FTE with pets / summoned eyes, etc.
3) Members of guilds camped in the zone or active in the zone must leave the zone before being involved in the engage. (to combat people bound in the zone, all must enter via a zone line or a group port).
I definitely like the first two. You can claim there are tactics involved with choosing trackers, but all you are doing is confining the sock to one or two people. The idea behind the new rules is to get us racing, and I can't imagine anything that goes more against the spirit of that than pet FTE.
Closed Thread