Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Default A note on Loot and Scoot

Everyone please keep in mind that Loot and Scoot means loot.... and scoot.

It doesn't mean loot, then sit around for 5 minutes waiting for a port.

You have a 'reasonable amount' of time to loot up and leave. The intention here was to allow people to med an invis or gate spell, plan an escape route, ready clickies, etc, in order to be able to leave the zone safely. If you sit around for 5-10 minutes, you're not following LnS, and are probably going to get killed again.

I've been seeing this happen a lot so wanted to remind everyone what the rule is and how it works. Please tell your peers and point them to this thread so they understand how LnS works and how to use it.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Banned

pras
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Aviak

reseffect after got trained in pvp is at least 3 minutes and yes thats loot and scoot too though dying an exp death
Old 08-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Loot and fucking scoot, crawl away with your rez effects?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Res effects start to wear off before the 3 minute mark. As long as you have the mobility/tools to get out of the zone, you should be doing it ASAP.

Not trying to punish people who are legit trying to just med up a bit and get out, but I do want to make it clear that hanging out for 10 mins while you wait for a port (lol wtf) is not "looting and scooting". We've gotten a handful of petitions like this recently and I'm not sure where people got the idea that they could just sit around making everyone nervous while they wait for a port. Just walk out of the zone, lol.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Banned

No yt no lns?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Retired GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No yt no lns?

^ In most cases, yes. Though it should be noted that if you're engaged in PvP with someone, and they die to a mob, you need to let them LnS if they ask for it.

I think not allowing them to LnS in that situation is just trying to squeeze more kills out of the same person, and should fall under the LNS rules.

Edit: I realize that this rule has been a "grey" or "fuzzy" area in the past, and I think it's been ruled both ways. So take this as the official stance from here on out. When fighting someone in PvP, if they die to a mob, need to let them loot up and scoot out.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

What if you call lns and another player under same guild attacks you
Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Banned

Ty for clarification
Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 AM
Banned

lump
Closed Thread