Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTT cab ride for a 5 gallon gas can, freshly siphoned, comes with hose.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The platless clarity tip, while appreciated, does feel a bit like “working for exposure”!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-04-2022, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

did you C2 Mostaffa?
why did you reply to Jeffrica with okay after their thanks?
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 04-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Jeffrica was just a random person who asked for a c2 and I gave them one in CS for no tip. Mostaffa got one he's a guy on an event I was going to.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Ports should be 1 plat per level or 50 plat per port. Succor costs 100 because it sucks up a lot of mana and is dangerous. Porting takes time and that time should be compensated for based on what the porter rates the person for. If they don't set a rate then they have to take what they're given. Dial doesn't do donations or tips, they do payments. If individual porters in Dial didn't set prices then that is on them. The guild is a business model and as a business it costs money to run it. Dial a Port is working on a tailor and that's really expensive, I've heard the other guilds complain about tailoring costing 85k and yet Dial has to front that money for a service to provide. Do you all complain about paying for food at restaurants too? You pay for the food at the restaurant and then you tip on top of that. Why should ports be free?
Old 04-04-2022, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ports should be 1 plat per level or 50 plat per port. Succor costs 100 because it sucks up a lot of mana and is dangerous. Porting takes time and that time should be compensated for based on what the porter rates the person for. If they don't set a rate then they have to take what they're given. Dial doesn't do donations or tips, they do payments. If individual porters in Dial didn't set prices then that is on them. The guild is a business model and as a business it costs money to run it. Dial a Port is working on a tailor and that's really expensive, I've heard the other guilds complain about tailoring costing 85k and yet Dial has to front that money for a service to provide. Do you all complain about paying for food at restaurants too? You pay for the food at the restaurant and then you tip on top of that. Why should ports be free?
A restaurant is an actual business. Not a game, judging by the forums way too many people treat this game like real life.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 04-04-2022, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does DAP's guild taylor have to do with pricing? I couldn't care less about what they're funding.

Here's a quick less on how pricing works: I started by giving 50pp, then reduced it by 5pp each time until I started hearing complaints. The magic number is 20pp - that's how much ports are worth.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Damn, you nerds will argue about anything on this game.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A restaurant is an actual business. Not a game, judging by the forums way too many people treat this game like real life.
Well it certainly takes real life time to play this game and it takes real life time to med that mana for ports.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Well it certainly takes real life time to play this game and it takes real life time to med that mana for ports.
Simple solution: Quit playing.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:36 PM
Banned

Boycott tipping for ports. Show those greedy fuckin porters who's boss. Maybe they'll go earn elf currency some other way like a normal person