Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-03-2022, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens players playing the victim and P99

Name a more iconic duo
Vanquish recruitment thread and RNF.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just returned to P99 after years of being away and this was my first interaction with Vanquish. I accidentally ran into the corner they were pulling to. I moved immediately. They downed Vindi without issue.

Attachment 17098

What did I do wrong here? Troll responses welcome.
I've seen this sort of thing a lot. Some players assume everyone else knows what they know. To you, it's just another corner with no mobs in it, probably a good place to hang out. To him, that corner is Where We Will Tank Vindi. To you, you're staying out of the way. To him, you're deliberately denying him what he regards as the optimal tanking location.

"You stood in the corner where vindi is tanked" -> this is true and your fault
"so that I couldn't get into it properly" -> this is conjecture, an assumption, and his fault

Next time, you can explain you don't know how Vindi is done, you are there to witness it for the first time and tag for 50 faction points, you thought the corner was a safe place to be, and you did not mean to interfere, and sorry.

But I don't know if we'll ever cure the problem that causes people to assume others already know things.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Nor whatever causes people to assume intent.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanquish turds gaslighting.
/thread lol
Old 03-04-2022, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen this sort of thing a lot. Some players assume everyone else knows what they know. To you, it's just another corner with no mobs in it, probably a good place to hang out. To him, that corner is Where We Will Tank Vindi. To you, you're staying out of the way. To him, you're deliberately denying him what he regards as the optimal tanking location.

"You stood in the corner where vindi is tanked" -> this is true and your fault
"so that I couldn't get into it properly" -> this is conjecture, an assumption, and his fault

Next time, you can explain you don't know how Vindi is done, you are there to witness it for the first time and tag for 50 faction points, you thought the corner was a safe place to be, and you did not mean to interfere, and sorry.

But I don't know if we'll ever cure the problem that causes people to assume others already know things.
^
Otherwise known as the right way to handle things
Old 03-04-2022, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Someone named Nuggie yelled at me once for getting attacked by "his" gnolls because I ran by them in wolf form.

I didn't know dude!
Old 03-04-2022, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Just returned to P99 after years of being away
This was your real mistake.

Please attempt to avoid this in the future as all these mother fuckers need Jesus.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone named Nuggie yelled at me once for getting attacked by "his" gnolls because I ran by them in wolf form.

I didn't know dude!
Talking about the mage who farms faction using his pet while afk?
Old 03-06-2022, 08:38 PM
Skeleton

wow, said you did a dirtbag move without sending guild invite, im shocked, to be fair, they do wipe on vindi way more then any guild half their size does, and its a hard time of the year for them, but sadly this is their server and we are just unwelcomed guests who should leave, but provide competition at the same time.
Old 03-07-2022, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t remember there being any land ownership mechanic in classic Everquest.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung