Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Large Rat

The original poster is 110% incorrect.
Quite the opposite was the case at launch on live.

Mages could actually summon up to 3 pets, and was Nerfed fairly quickly. 2-3wks after launch.

Ultimately, one could pick the worse race for a mage, and that would be a human.

IN the end.. his information about mages are very wrong. I played a mage, rogue and shm on live from launch as well.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THAT WAS YOU WASN'T IT! Lol I forgot you made this for me, I've loved it to this day. How are things man? What's your plan for Green?

I was planning on maining a mage but now I'm gun-shy what with these changes that apparently got overlooked during Blue's timeline. I mean do they become the strong class we knew from blue once the two month changes come into effect? Are the staff planning on integrating these changes? No pets after level 20 kind of sounds like a class killer to me lol.
I think the answer to your question is yea, they will eventually. I am not sure on the staff's plan as far as the higher level pets go. I imagine they will make them researchable at least...on live mar-late may research was broke. I think they will have it fixed here but the items you need are 300% rarer...so it will still be super hard to get a pet level 24+ until 2.5 months in or so...not impossible though. I hope they don't have research flat out broke though.

Nilbog is there anyway we can get a confirmation on this? On the pet post level 20 thing? Also on the pet not casting spells until late May? Thank you! Would suck mage groups running around with stun casting water pets at 4+ right off the bat.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Just watched a level 6 mage solo 3 mobs + 2 adds all at once in qeynos hills outside blackburrow. 3 gnolls, gnoll hunter, and putrid skellie. I am a level 9 monk struggling to solo blue cons. This is green beta btw.

Mage groups are gonna steamroll.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just watched a level 6 mage solo 3 mobs + 2 adds all at once in qeynos hills outside blackburrow. 3 gnolls, gnoll hunter, and putrid skellie. I am a level 9 monk struggling to solo blue cons. This is green beta btw.

Mage groups are gonna steamroll.
If it's any consolation, mob dps begins to quickly outpace the pet's ability to withstand it.

You won't see a 30+ mage doing that, that's for sure. Maybe not even a 20+.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Clasically, mage pets would run from red con mobs (red con to the *pet*) until 1-2 months post launch. Not sure that's a brokenness the staff are interested in replicating though so I haven't reported it.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:42 PM
Banned

highEst gReEN bEta PlayER is a LvL 25 MagE ATM (BeTA iS 15hrs old? [x10] XP ratE)
Old 10-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

I've made a bug thread with compiled evidence for mage pets being research-only after 20th level until the May 1999 era.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336142
Old 10-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

I just want to know which, if any changes will be accepted, so I can decide whether to avoid mage like the plague or not lol. Kind of sucks since I had my heart set on maining one, but I don't want to play a gimped class with an uncertain future.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's any consolation, mob dps begins to quickly outpace the pet's ability to withstand it.

You won't see a 30+ mage doing that, that's for sure. Maybe not even a 20+.
If this was March 1999, a mage could barely solo a single mob. I actually played one. Mage pets were pure crap back then. You HAD to group if you were mage, even at lower levels...mages were that bad.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Try harder, I don't think its happening.
Closed Thread