Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimacombe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we should stick to the Dev's methods. Otherwise it will turn into a "Best of the Best if all the rules are set up in my favor". If you are the best of the best you can handle whatever is thrown at you. Otherwise, you are not.

"Soft beds make soft people"
-Brimacombe
ivander's hoop blantantly rules out some races from winning any class botb. I guess the best of the best are all races who can equip the hoop.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im cool with you using torbin's eyepatch, just not lifetapping me for 1500....
It's 900 damage, reduced by 33% because it's pvp, so 600 damage at most. And that's without resists. Just doesn't seem that powerful - I'm more worried about wand of conflagration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ivander's hoop blantantly rules out some races from winning any class botb. I guess the best of the best are all races who can equip the hoop.
Aren't there several rounds to a BotB? And can't this be said of many items that are specific to certain races?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 06-19-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 900 damage, reduced by 33% because it's pvp, so 600 damage at most. And that's without resists. Just doesn't seem that powerful - I'm more worried about wand of conflagration.
I did not know that it was reduced by 33% for pvp, but a 1200pt life swing seems pretty massive in a melee duel nonetheless. Also I thought lifetaps were very nearly unresistable.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I did not know that it was reduced by 33% for pvp, but a 1200pt life swing seems pretty massive in a melee duel nonetheless. Also I thought lifetaps were very nearly unresistable.
The resistance checks were changed on all lifetaps when the Hoop nerf went into effect.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't there several rounds to a BotB?
The BotBs usually had the participants gather at the arena at the specified time and announce their participation. The event coordinator would then randomly pair everyone up in a single-elimination bracket to narrow it down to the eventual winner.

In regards to specific BotBs and clickies:
The use of rechargeable clickie items shouldn't be allowed at all. Other clickies such as ES vambraces and epic effects should be allowed on a class-by-class and case-by case-basis to match the original BotB experiences.

The Wizard BotB did not allow meleeing, and had a small window for buffing.
The Druid BotB allowed a small window for buffing and use of ES vambraces and epic clicks.
The Cleric BotB was interesting as it set up two competing warriors rooted in place with the same gear load out that would auto-attack each other on the starting shot. The clerics then had to duel and maintain their warrior's hp totals at the same time. If either you or your warrior died, then you lost.

IIRC Warriors and Rogues got to use fungi tunics and use what ever weapons (and rogues poisons) they had without any clickies or buffs (outside of weapon procs).
Old 06-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Kobold

Death by a thousand qualifications.
Class balance is a myth. The best the devs can shoot for is rock-paper-scissors

-Brimacombe
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Not going to read 11 pages to see if this was posted already. Don't have contestants in the same group. /follow is a bitch when you're trying to avoid your opponents frontside. It also allows them to circumvent blind spells.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Kobold

Either let everyone have anything and/or everything they have access to (with a few exceptions of pure unfair/unbalanced items/clickies).....or start everyone off completely naked with nothing in inventory, and give everyone a random 'average' set of gear that would be suitable to an average player. That way everyone would have the same gear, same spells, same effects etc....and then the 'Best of the Best' would prevail.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either let everyone have anything and/or everything they have access to (with a few exceptions of pure unfair/unbalanced items/clickies).....or start everyone off completely naked with nothing in inventory, and give everyone a random 'average' set of gear that would be suitable to an average player. That way everyone would have the same gear, same spells, same effects etc....and then the 'Best of the Best' would prevail.
EQ is gear collection/setup, you gotta use your own gear.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Maybe, and heh heh this is a big maybe, try to make sure the classic rule sets from each BotB are followed.

Team 5v5s are the most exciting, followed maybe by the melee fights.

Druid / cleric botb were complete ass. Especially the druid one, I actually gated out from that shit. Watching someone with a primal brawl stick and drones of doom clicky chase around someone with flowing thought 5 was nerve grinding.
Closed Thread