Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Talking The new player group thread, new chars start here

Starting up this thread for a specific purpose: To provide us newbies with a way to coordinate and put a group together to level with. If you aren't going to help in that goal please, please do not post here. Maybe an admin can help us to keep this thread cleaned up?

Do us new players a favor and show us the community here doesnt suck, only post here if:

- You are starting a new character, or have very recently started one, and wish to level up as a group, both for xp and safety.

- You wish to help this new group, whether it be with items/money, gear, whatever.

Currently looking at a group of 3 (two confirmed, one of those is myself), not sure on who's going to be what yet, currently there is an iksar shaman who looks to be around level 10.

I myself am considering either an iksar shadow knight or a human/DE rogue. Sounds like our third guy is going to fill in whatever class we need (cleric/tank/dps). Any thoughts/opinions on what I should roll up? Any thoughts on what class/race you intend to play? To be honest I was thinking it would be best if none of us rolled iksar as it can be a bitch to get off kunark (and honestly, its such a good place to level up 1-20), but it seems that its too late for that (Rigby rolled iksar shaman).

Please post what times you are usually available, as well as what day/time you would like to get your character rolled up and started playing. I figure that its cool to start your characters at any time, just dont go far beyond lvl 10 right now. I will currently be available any day this week at any time (I'll make time on whatever day we pick to get started grouping). Lastly, I'm usually on every evening from 8ish PST to whatever time I fall asleep. sometimes this can be really really late, and sometimes it can be really early (usually I am on the next morning on early nights)

If any of you old red99 vets have any items/time to donate to our little group of adventurers, go ahead and toss me a pm. Any items you provide will go to the owner best suited for the item (armor will go to tanks, for example). Even a suit of banded/bronze/leather would be really helpful as i believe we are all starting out naked like normal non-twinked characters do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks everyone, hope to see you in game. Post your name/char class/race/times available to start this week/usual play times below. and trolls fuck off. lets kick some ass!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Banned

Make iksar monk/warrior/shaman and you can all start in the same place. The monk/warrior will be good as iksars with the AC and once velious hits the monk/warrior will really start to shine with gear.

The only problem with that set up is that you are gimping yourselves if the shaman is not on.

If you want to make something to level up think about what you can do in duos as well.

shaman/mage/enchanter group could also duo or solo

shaman/cleric/tank - the tank would at least have two people they can duo with
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

so basically 1-50 has turned into a pvpless ride? this is worse than i thought. you should totally roll a wizard and kill anyone that comes in your path. it is the only way.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so basically 1-50 has turned into a pvpless ride? this is worse than i thought. you should totally roll a wizard and kill anyone that comes in your path. it is the only way.
I level so slow on this server so basically every new group that starts passes me. I will at least get a couple shots on em before they are oor.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Banned

mage mage mage = best combo

and fuck iskars go gnomes bros
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Skeleton

Rigby 10 Iksar Shamani im usually on whenever i feel like playing but if i have a group of people that want to play a set time ill make that permanant, Field of Bone/Kurns tower area...been leveling with a 12 iksar monk Gecko when he is on as well
Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

yea im on when i feel like playing too , which is like saying im completely un dependable and you may as well level without me

might cut myself too , also i sniff my armpits when i jerkoff shit gets me hot
Old 12-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Hippo want my druid? there is a 47 mage on blue too just dont delete my shit.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so basically 1-50 has turned into a pvpless ride?
lol wut? after a month or so of the server being out, 1-40 was basically a pvpless ride.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
hey i fully intend to pvp 1-50, why else would i jump on a pvp server?

but whats wrong with having a handful of people watching your back when you play? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread