Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please elaborate
He means (and correct me if I am wrong) that the high insurance costs are a result of a better overall healthcare system that is inclusive to all those homeless people that are able to walk in and get access.

The question is, is that assumption true? are tehse homeless getting excellent care? or are the high insurance costs just covering the hospitals morgue budget?

My counter argument is, if that fuck face did something about the homeless, then the WORKERS wouldn't have to pick up the tab by paying for their healthcare out of pocket through insurance.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had one week at work where 3 separate people in one week (2 on meth, one not) who had psychosis and paranoia who were claiming their electronics were hacked

What most likely happened is that due to their delusions and paranoia they weren’t thinking clearly and thus not able to handle simple tasks like logging into and operating their own devices

And when problems most likely caused by their own errors occurred, their paranoid brain fed them delusions that it was caused by a hologram from their ex girlfriend (yep a hologram) or that it was the government/organized crime
Wow, so you've met Castle and Elizando IRL?
Old 11-25-2022, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, so you've met Castle and Elizando IRL?
That's preposterous. There is no goddamn way Elizondo has an ex-girlfriend
Old 11-25-2022, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's preposterous. There is no goddamn way Elizondo has an ex-girlfriend
Oh, he does. From five years ago. She just found out about it last year, hence the restraining order.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:04 PM
Aviak

Liberalism explains the pictures
Old 11-25-2022, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He means (and correct me if I am wrong) that the high insurance costs are a result of a better overall healthcare system that is inclusive to all those homeless people that are able to walk in and get access.

The question is, is that assumption true? are tehse homeless getting excellent care? or are the high insurance costs just covering the hospitals morgue budget?

My counter argument is, if that fuck face did something about the homeless, then the WORKERS wouldn't have to pick up the tab by paying for their healthcare out of pocket through insurance.
The homeless should be eligible for complete coverage via Medicaid

That being said, ER’s have a notorious bias against homeless. They can’t refuse to treat them, but they definitely want them the F out of there ASAP

So no, the quality of care is probably worse than the average other Medicaid user. But really medical care doesn’t matter as much to their circumstances due to the extreme damage they are doing to their own health. It would be like how much does a better quality cholesterol medication matter if the person is still eating nothing but bacon
Old 11-25-2022, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Deadbeat hobart and dude that neglects his cancer stricken wife to post on elf forums are BIG MAD
Old 11-25-2022, 10:26 PM
Banned

The thing about the homeless being a drain for CA is that they really don’t utilize outpatient medical like…at all. So yea they might be taxing for ER’s but not for doctor’s offices

They don’t have the phone to make the appointment, they don’t have a way to get there (although if they had a phone there are Medicaid programs to provide free transportation to medical appointments only), but really they usually just don’t give a fuck

The most common visible medical symptoms I notice on the homeless I see at work are giant seeping open sores, or adema of the legs/feet (giant swollen elephant legs/feet). In all cases I point these out, and I’ve never seen a homeless client seem to give much of a shit

So I don’t see them as taxing on outpatient medical. Shelters sometimes have small homeless-only doctor’s offices but not always. And then there’s agencies with registered nurses that drive to meet homeless where they are but these are small programs. At least in my state
Old 11-25-2022, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing about the homeless being a drain for CA is that they really don’t utilize outpatient medical like…at all. So yea they might be taxing for ER’s but not for doctor’s offices

They don’t have the phone to make the appointment, they don’t have a way to get there (although if they had a phone there are Medicaid programs to provide free transportation to medical appointments only), but really they usually just don’t give a fuck

The most common visible medical symptoms I notice on the homeless I see at work are giant seeping open sores, or adema of the legs/feet (giant swollen elephant legs/feet). In all cases I point these out, and I’ve never seen a homeless client seem to give much of a shit

So I don’t see them as taxing on outpatient medical. Shelters sometimes have small homeless-only doctor’s offices but not always. And then there’s agencies with registered nurses that drive to meet homeless where they are but these are small programs. At least in my state
Outpatient is much cheaper than ER care the only problem is:

Old 11-26-2022, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

What I take away from that chart is that the most expensive state to live in only has the 8th most expensive healthcare? Wouldn't that be good?

Or do you just like shitting on all the liberal states on that list like West Virginia and Wyoming... Oh, wait. Fuck, you Trumptards are stupid.

It's almost as if healthcare costs is a multi-factorial bi-partisan fuckup decades in the making.
Closed Thread