Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-08-2023, 01:14 PM
Banned

if you're not in zone when the next PH spawns, fuck off
Old 01-08-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of that is true,played held lists are a courtesy not a requirement.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules
Link to camp rules,with GM's take on it quoted.

Note where it says camp holder can pass to whoever they want.
This is obviously shitty of the person and most people will follow a player held list, but not doing so is right in the rulings as ok.
I don't see it noted anywhere in the rules that camps can be handed off to whomever the holder wants. What I do see is a requirement that someone be added to a camp list if asked and that notification of who is next on list is also a requirement. The player-defined rules are part of the PnP, and not honoring player-defined rules *can* warrant GM action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see it noted anywhere in the rules
You have to remember, the staff hates spelling out lots of explicit rules: that entire camp rules page had to be compiled by a player (me) from a bunch of disjointed random posts made by GMs over the course of a decade. And even that isn't "official" ... it's just that GMs tend to rule the same way as they describe in the forums.

Now, I could write a treatise on why I believe this approach is detrimental to them, and how their position on keeping rules as obscure as possible actually creates more disputes. That's why I took the time to compile the camp rules page ... and I'd argue that it's benefited the server for everyone to know the rules ... but again, it's not an official rulebook.

The only true rulebook is the PnP and what the GMs do in the game ... and again, we have a wealth of evidence from in-game that P99 staff support handing camps off to friends and guildmates, even when such handoffs result in weeks-long monopolization of camps by a few individuals.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:15 PM
Banned

hey guys my opinion is beneficial, read all about it on the wiki
(lol)
Old 01-08-2023, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to remember, the staff hates spelling out lots of explicit rules: that entire camp rules page had to be compiled by a player (me) from a bunch of disjointed random posts made by GMs over the course of a decade. And even that isn't "official" ... it's just that GMs tend to rule the same way as they describe in the forums.

Now, I could write a treatise on why I believe this approach is detrimental to them, and how their position on keeping rules as obscure as possible actually creates more disputes. That's why I took the time to compile the camp rules page ... and I'd argue that it's benefited the server for everyone to know the rules ... but again, it's not an official rulebook.

The only true rulebook is the PnP and what the GMs do in the game ... and again, we have a wealth of evidence from in-game that P99 staff support handing camps off to friends and guildmates, even when such handoffs result in weeks-long monopolization of camps by a few individuals.
I'm well aware you wrote the page, having played P99 from just about server up. And thanks! It's also been MY experience that GMs have supported the player-rules almost universally...from the inception of PnP. I also remember the chaos before PnP was enacted, and it wasn't pretty. If people want to be asshats I guess that's up to them...but asshats are the reason I won't play blue anymore. And no asshats wanna play on red anymore, either...where asshats belong, lol. So...I like green, and so far green seems to favor good player etiquette. Which is all anyone asks.

Also...if we really want to get technical...FTE would apply after camp holder has item (and yeah, I know you can't tell it's been looted. hence, asshattery). However, this is contrary to established player server rules and etiquette...which is why GM's would and should support lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 01-08-2023 at 05:33 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 01:40 AM
Orc

OOT AC is simple. You clear it and keep a list. Eventuallly, AC pops and you notify everyone on the list. People offline/not contactable at that time are skipped. People who are next and able to be there and clear the camp before the next PH are up. No need to make it any more complicated that that.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:40 PM
Aviak

I remember when the AC camp started on this server the player maintained list was so long that it required multiple macros to store all the names. I’m surprised this isn’t a /list camp.

Make some minor tweaks to the /list feature to catch players attempting to automate it and ban those that cheat.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikorita [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish people would report actual guide interventions on actual situations so we had some kind of case law to go by. What players say is irrelevant. What guides do is relevant. Players make up all kinds of rules in their heads but they don't have the ban hammer so who cares. From reading this thread it sounds like you can just have a single guild lock down the camp forever.

"Can i get on the list"
"No, the list already goes on to infinity between CharA, CharB, CharC and CharD. Sorry"
No one holding a camp needs to (or should be) maintaining anything beyond who is immediately next. If I'm camping something and Soandso is next, and someone else asks to get on the list. I tell him to message Soandso. If Soandso aint there when I'm done, I'm just fucking off and whoever gets there gets there.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

what we need is more rogues pick pocketing beads
Old 01-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what we need is more rogues pick pocketing beads