Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Orc

Default Pick Pocket and the loot pool

I remember playing in 99 and how pick pocketing loot did not come from the same loot pool at what is looted after the mob is slain. If that's not true on this server, then the class is fucking pointless other than DPS, lock picking and disarm trap, and poison are worthless, so why not make another skill pointless as well?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Are you just making an assumption or what? What rogues pick pocket, is what mobs have on them as long as they are not magical.

You're just bitching for the sake of bitching with no real backing to it.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Orc

Can you not read? People in my group are telling me not to pock pocket, because THEY think it comes from the same loot table as the pick pocking skill. I remember playing back in 99 and it did NOT come from the same loot table. So that being said, why the fuck are people bitching about it? if it does come from the same loot table as what's on the mob, then the skill is fucking pointless, because this is a PVE game and people will always bitch about it being used. You know that whole 1 silver is that i got during the fight is going to break the fucking bank. Oh no, Bulma got a raw hide boot, let me fucking cry now.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Actually it did come from the same loot table and was changed later. If you can find evidence of when it was changed through Allakhazam, etc it will be changed for you. That's how pretty much everything goes. It's the way most people remembered it unless someone can prove something using archives and submit a bug report.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Always came from same loot table as far as I remembered (I played a rogue to 57 pre-luclin). Always got a kick out of pickpocketing hill giant toes from living mobs. Never once did I pick-poicket toes and they subsequently drop when it was killed. Same with plat, you can pickpocket, I think, up to 1/3 of what they're carrying in coin before you just get a single copper over and over again. I distinctly remember groups mentioning that "it's a bad day for coin drops" when I was pick-pocketing (this was after the 'stop theif' message was removed).
Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Grouped with 2 rogues last night, that "stop, thief" message came up a lot. Hmmm. But the mobs were dropping like flies, oh well.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Orc

So, we have conflicting opinions on this matter, with the last two post. One of you acknowledges that it did come from but was later changed to it's own loot table. the other, big bad level 57 pre-luclin, says otherwise.

Sure, i can spend time looking for patch notes from 10 years ago, just to prove something to get twinks to shut their cunt mouths about a few silver going into my pocket, because my class allows it.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Kobold

I always make it a point to ask the group first and if anyone objects then I dont do it.

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 05-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely from the same table on this server, has been from day one.

I always operated under the assumption that it was the same loot table on live, but I only had rogue alts.

Doesn't effect me either way, still hittin' that pickpocket button.

People generally shut up when I split what I've gotten, or when they make me master looter.
Closed Thread