Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Aviak

Instancing seemed dumb at first, but then you realize:

a.) It prevents guild bitching (see: this server).
b.) It actually adds to immersion.
c.) With BoE/BoP it doesn't damage the economy.

I still love Classic EQ, but I love it more BECAUSE of its quirks and flaws, not in spite of them.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

Since we're talking about random crap...Most fun thing in WoW:

Waiting at Naxx zone in with an ele shaman, and whenever a group of enemies flies up you thunderstorm them out the doorway to their death 1000 feet below.

I imagine mind controlling people off cliffs was equally as fun, though I never did it.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I imagine mind controlling people off cliffs was equally as fun, though I never did it.
It was very fun.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

Mind Control/Cliff jumping was amazing in Arathi Basin and many world pvp areas.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Oh yeah, Alterac Valley alliance bridge too.

Also, you're damn right I say that EQ is harder than WoW. You don't rate PvP in one game against another in terms of difficulty so obviously this is about PvE. EQ is easily harder PvE than WoW. Leveling up it isn't even close, EQ is WAY tougher. Raiding, early EQ may seem easy now, but you must not have played anything past PoP if you think WoW is tougher.

I have raided everything in WoW except a few hard modes in ICC, and some of the end bosses in Naxx(level 60 version). I'm telling you right now, even GoD was tougher IMO.

Hell dude, in EQ nobody even beat GoD until OoW released except for RoI on the progression server, and I'm told that took them a LONG time.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Large Rat

Just read wikipedia info about GoD, and it says that GoD had content for lvl 70's but the cap at that time was 65. Some mistake or something. OoW increased the cap to 70.

Would explain why GoD wasn't beat until OoW came out. I never played either one, so don't know from personal experience, just what I read.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah, Alterac Valley alliance bridge too.

Also, you're damn right I say that EQ is harder than WoW. You don't rate PvP in one game against another in terms of difficulty so obviously this is about PvE. EQ is easily harder PvE than WoW. Leveling up it isn't even close, EQ is WAY tougher. Raiding, early EQ may seem easy now, but you must not have played anything past PoP if you think WoW is tougher.

I have raided everything in WoW except a few hard modes in ICC, and some of the end bosses in Naxx(level 60 version). I'm telling you right now, even GoD was tougher IMO.

Hell dude, in EQ nobody even beat GoD until OoW released except for RoI on the progression server, and I'm told that took them a LONG time.
Well, first of all, saying PoP or GoD was harder than WoW isn't really relevant in a discussion of WoW vs. EQ difficulty in regards to this server, since this server goes to Velious.

Secondly, if fights are scaled to the wrong level, that doesn't mean the mechanics of the fight are harder, it means the scale of the fight is wrong.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Banned

In answer to your original question OP:

Here are the reasons.

1. Everyone pro already knows how to get their own stuff and that they don't need it until they can camp it themselves
2. The majority of stuff being sold in EC is for twinks or coming off of newblet twink brats of some parents children who have no frakkin clue about what it actually takes to get this shit (which is not much in reality)

My suggestion, just ignore it, stuff that matters you can get at cost, like banded armor and bronze you can usually find on vendors in the appropriate areas were it drops/main cities etc... other items, if you see a deal be happy.

Hell for less then 200pp at lvl 20, I had banded, bone armplates, legplates, a decent 2hs and more, the real lack of gear for tanks anways is in the late 20's and 30's because its really only your solro gear or a really good weapon your looking for, the yaks in guk are perma camped so that sucks there... but hey you can easily enough farm the money needed for a yak or get a couple caster items to trade by the time you "need" one... in your 40's

To all the elitist asshats out there bitching about people without the most uberest gear, go get a life, not everyone has parents to handmedown shit too out of the guildbank, and a group can kill Fire Giants in solb with a naked tank with 2 gnoll whips if they so desired, the game is not that hard.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell dude, in EQ nobody even beat GoD until OoW released
Devil's advocate here, but that's probably because no one cared to. Everyone I knew in EQ quit the game when the abortion that was GoD was released.

EQ cockblocked raiders starting with Luclin. Not to be ultra uber challenging and thus rewarding, but because the content simply wasn't in the game yet. As a result, you got stuff like Vex Thal keying, ridiculously hard bosses that were later nerfed directly or indirectly, and other silly holding patterns designed to buy Sony time to actually implement the content they promised. It happened for every expansion up until WoW appeared and put Sony's shenanigans to shame.

If you played WoW during the Burning Crusade and went to SSC or TK (The Eye) during the first three-five months you would have seen that the zones simply weren't finished -- ridiculously difficult trash pulls that respawned every hour to slow progress, final bosses that actually didn't drop loot, etc. Same story with AQ40 and the whole War Effort + Opening Rod event. Blizzard was just buying time to actually finish content. Then Tigole got fired and Blizzard suddenly decided to be upfront and honest with content (ie, you would get a message when trying to zone into Black Temple that the zone isn't done yet, sorry).

Was Ragnaros harder than Nagafen? Was Vox harder than Neferian? Was the Avatar of War worse than Patchwerk? I really can't answer those questions. I was 15 years old on a 56k connection when Nagafen was just a whispered legend amongst lowbies. My friends and I printed out maps to zones because it took so long for pages to load. Information on how to even *do* encounters was hard to get due not only to the secrecy surrounding functional tactics, but also because of the state of technology at the time.

Anyway, my point is, I don't really consider intentionally bugging encounters or tweaking them WAY out of the difficulty curve as an issue of "challenge." It's just a ripoff. Sony, Blizzard, and even Verant itself have all been guilty of this at one time or another... but Sony definitely was the worst.
Closed Thread