Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Project Manager

Default Soulbound keys - Kunark/Velious

We have to fix these, so we might as well do it correctly the first time. This is way I remember things. If you can contribute knowledge or correct me somewhere, please do!

trakanon idol
key to charasis
key of veeshan
tooth of the great divide
tooth of the wakening lands
tooth of the cobalt scar

Upon dying, these items should appear in your inventory slots. These were changed to keyringable on live because there would have been too many soulbound keys obtainable in Luclin. This will not be a problem here.

I'm sure someone will ask about the Velious teeth, so here goes. Cobalt Scar was the only tooth necessary to port to all the dragon ring locations. If you obtained the tooth of the great divide, you could be ported to great divide. If you obtained the Wakening Lands tooth, you could be ported to WL or GD. If you obtained the tooth of the cobalt scar, you could be ported to CS, WL, or GD. There was no restriction on Iceclad.

1: If you died whilst a soulbound key was in your bank, would you appear with it as well? (example: You store your VP key in the bank. You die in Sebilis. Do you reappear with your VP key as well?)

2: Does anyone know what order these keys were arranged in your inventory slots after death?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 AM
Large Bat

Is this one of the non classic things you are adding to the server?

I know keys were not soulbound during mid Velious because i was in Conquest the day 24 of us got suspended. Before they suspended us the gm's were summoning us back to outside ST to loot our keys so they would not poof during our suspension.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Project Manager

If you don't remember soulbound keys, I... dunno what to say.

Sleeper's Tomb wasn't on my list btw. It wasn't soulbound until 2002.

March 19, 2002
Quote:
Sleeper's Tomb Key is now Soulbound.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

As far as i can remember Sebilis key was also not soulbound for quite some time into Kunark. I remember calling my cleric friend over to sebilis quite alot cause i locked my self out, dieing at the zone in, soloing frogs.

I do not remember the order they were dropped in your inventory, if you had them banked they did not appear in your character inventory after death, but remained in your bank slot.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Sarnak

At the release of kunark everyone got 2 seb keys to store 1 in bank in case a CR was needed.

The soulbound key change was made a few months later iirc.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Banned

Back on topic, the Seb and HS keys were definitely soulbound. No idea on the VP key though.

Niblog: re: Veeshan's Peak. On live, the GMs refused to assist players at all with bugs in that zone. Any idea why?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Veeshan's Peak. On live, the GMs refused to assist players at all with bugs in that zone. Any idea why?
Same reason you do not get assistance in the planes or sleepers tomb. End raid zones never got much support from GM's. Unless you could basicly prove on the spot that its a bug i dont even think they investigated it ...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Re: Keys in the bank: back in the day you had to actually have the key on your cursor and click the door (or press your "U"se key on the keyboard) to zone in to OS / HS etc. So a key in the bank wouldn't grant you access to the zone anyway. This was changed later, of course. Due to this, my recollection is that a key in the bank stayed in the bank, it didn't appear on you when you died.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same reason you do not get assistance in the planes or sleepers tomb. End raid zones never got much support from GM's. Unless you could basicly prove on the spot that its a bug i dont even think they investigated it ...
I'm not sure anyone ever "got much support" from GMs anywhere. Say what you want about the original classic thru velious era from a design standpoint or the eras that followed, I don't think you are going to find many who stayed for the long haul who think that customer service was actually better under the old verant/989 bunch than it was later under SOE.

Frankly, they were a bunch of petty childish assholes who condescended to their customers with a combination of phone-company attitude and all the zeal of an actor going for a recurring role in multiple episodes of "Pasty Geeks Gone Wild." It was clear just from reading the official boards (much less dealing with any of them with even the minorest of issues in-game) that from Abashi on down that these were a bunch of people that had rather recently spent their teenage and early adult years being abused by everyone around them in RL and they were bound and determined to run their little pop stand just like a bunch of socially retarded rejects could be expected to.

Which is why, despite how much I love this server, the spirit behind it, and appreciate everything the devs here are doing, I sometimes have a serious problem with the borderline religious fervor for all things "classic." A lot of what was present, or not, in the classic eras was not borne out of the best of intentions, to say the least. They loved to fuck with us, sometimes legitimately, sometimes not, IMO. Some things that came later were most definately improvements on the game.

/keyring being one of them, IMO.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 06-04-2010 at 09:11 AM..
Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have to fix these, so we might as well do it correctly the first time. This is way I remember things. If you can contribute knowledge or correct me somewhere, please do!

trakanon idol
key to charasis
key of veeshan
tooth of the great divide
tooth of the wakening lands
tooth of the cobalt scar

Upon dying, these items should appear in your inventory slots. These were changed to keyringable on live because there would have been too many soulbound keys obtainable in Luclin. This will not be a problem here.

I'm sure someone will ask about the Velious teeth, so here goes. Cobalt Scar was the only tooth necessary to port to all the dragon ring locations. If you obtained the tooth of the great divide, you could be ported to great divide. If you obtained the Wakening Lands tooth, you could be ported to WL or GD. If you obtained the tooth of the cobalt scar, you could be ported to CS, WL, or GD. There was no restriction on Iceclad.

1: If you died whilst a soulbound key was in your bank, would you appear with it as well? (example: You store your VP key in the bank. You die in Sebilis. Do you reappear with your VP key as well?)

2: Does anyone know what order these keys were arranged in your inventory slots after death?
Banked keys would stay in your bank after death, I remember always being annoyed by them cluttering my inventory all the time due to needing to carry them around, also as has been previously mentioned I do remember the OS key not being soulbound for awhile too, I recall needing to go there to help people locked out

As for the order of them in inventory heh.. never even payed attention to that sorry

Also I do remember having to half to put the key on my cursor and click the door to have it open