Old 06-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Banned

NO YOU!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB People
Stuff about vox
Ok, as far as IBs Vox goes, my take is that you guys caused the faction war by using charmed giants, thus it was your own damn fault and should not have been afforded a second chance. Whether or not IB attempted to reengage her deliberatly during the faction war as some people have claimed I'm not sure, but regardless, by using charmed giants, IB knew that they ran the risk of causing a faction war and as such should not be able to complain when it happens.

As far as DAs Vox, I was there, but was on my way to class when the whole training thing happened. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what happened as I was afk. I will also admit that I feel our choice of position was unwise and placed us dangerously close to mobs, and all it would take is one inattentive raider to cause a train. Honestly, I think that it is more likely that the aggro was caused by someone fucking around than by a an evil plot by IB to drop us below 15.

Now, that is all kind of a moot point anyway, since because of us dropping below 15, IB WAS given the first shot at Vox and was unable to kill her. So, despite DA's best efforts to have first claim, we still didn't get it, so I don't see what the problem is? The only second chance we were given is when the zone crashed mid-fight, which I think everyone would agree is a legitimate reason.

Given the two circumstances, even if the train was self-inflicted, I really had no problem with it as I felt it evened out the previous week's vox shenanigans.

I'm not going to sit here and claim that DA is the embodiment of all that is good and true on P99; but as far as the Vox ordeal goes, I personally believe that DA did nothing wrong. As far as the training accusations and what not go, I personally have never been a part of said training (although there was one instance in which I admittedly could have looked pretty guilty... I have screenshots which don't prove, but definitely support my innocence) and have not witnessed it first hand. As a member of DA who has not witnessed this, I'm kind of curious who the Gorgetrapper guy is, and where he seems to get his endless amounts of information on both guilds. If you're a member of DA or IB, I'd be shocked. You need to stop presenting arguments like you have first hand experience to back them up; OR provide examples of the aforementioned first hand experience.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, man I wish I could be you tho. You seem so cool.
wow a whole 3 mins between responses? who takes what too seriously? go get some air. EQ isnt life dude.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow a whole 3 mins between responses? who takes what too seriously? go get some air. EQ isnt life dude.
What? Your officers and leaders doesnt share your opinion Erasong. Life is EQ for most of IB.

You know your guild has issues when you kick a returning members over a fucking vox eyepatch earned 3 months earlier. But hey, a bunch of sheeple surely cant stop the greed of their leaders. Have fun getting abused, IB apps!

Again, Thank you Wonton and Xzerion for showing me that your greed knows no bound! You saved me much time.

Remember, EQ isnt life dude. This statement sounds so true after you've threatened me with guildkick for not returning a well-earned vox eyepatch!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

I like Jilena's post a lot. Not for the anti-DA content (though it's funny and true), but for the perspective it gives both sides. The actual escalation of 24/7 tracking to camping is understandable. DA was getting no mobs, so they did what they had to do (camp) to get mobs. Then IB got less than a majority for a week because it's impossible to beat a guild that is actually camping a boss, so we did what we had to do (camp) to retake them. Now the raid scene is fucking absurd because both guilds are camping raid mobs constantly, mostly afk, and unable to do anything else in game.

What I'd like to see is both guilds stop camping (for the love of god PLEASE stop camping) and afk tracking become difficult in the planes. You can still track naggy and vox, but on live you couldn't easily afk track fear or hate. Hate had safe spots, but the zone in was absolutely not safe. So while IB would still have advantage at vox/naggy due to proven quick mobilization, guilds that are actively clearing the planes have an advantage on those raid bosses by being in the zone already when they're spawning. Therefore the race is preserved but not dominated by any one factor.

Basically, if one factor determines who gets a raid boss, something is wrong. It shouldn't be who has the most dedicated druids, it shouldn't be who is camping the longest, it shouldn't be who happens to already exist in the zone; it should be a combination of factors.

And since this is a r&f post, fuck you
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Kobold

8 months into the server a group of scrubs finally reaches raid readiness, camps a few raid mobs, and now they can't shut up about it.

I read this as "Hey remember when you pinned me down and skull fucked me all those months? Well guess what! I squirmed free and now you are the weakling!"

Welcome to the raid scene. Now shut the fuck up and act like you belong there.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

fuck you if you think i'm reading your crop fail
Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8 months into the server a group of scrubs finally reaches raid readiness, camps a few raid mobs, and now they can't shut up about it.

I read this as "Hey remember when you pinned me down and skull fucked me all those months? Well guess what! I squirmed free and now you are the weakling!"

Welcome to the raid scene. Now shut the fuck up and act like you belong there.
This isnt the words id use, or the tone id take, but i think this post was a big dose of stfu.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cyrano I think the prime difference is that DA/FB tries to do it within the rules and fairly.
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Is this why other guilds all load fraps the second that a DA member comes anywhere near them?

Quote:
the attitudes and demeanor of many IB posters on these forums speak volumes for the truly massive gap between us in terms of maturity.
I think this thread proved this, and we know in favour of whom.

Quote:
the horror stories of IB destroying this server come almost 100% from the general population of the server.
Point me to some other than the Divinity corpse camping one, and the clusterfuck that was raid rotations? The general population doesn't have to deal with them for the most part. Almost every complaint found about them is from DA/FB people, cause apparently they constitute 100% of the general server population.

DA on the other hand? I have _personally_ seen some DA members willing to move in on camps, KS, and train people to death or out of zones, and have even been a victim of this more than one time.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Ive only been in DA for bout 2 weeks now. So I really cant argue either side, but I can argue for the 2 weeks Ive been there. I havnt seen anything out of either side other than...camping. The thing I can argue is while leveling and grinding I read more shit about IB via global and the boards. Never anything about DA untill this thread. So I think the server speaks for this arguement and is why I decided to join DA.

As for maturity. Anyone with past gaming experience know that posting on the boards and especially the rants and flames section are completely different than game actions 90% of the time. Its rants and flames its meant to get out of hand and turn into a pissing contest.

Discuss things with me in game, ill be more than happy to have a legitimate discussion and hear both sides maturly. But in rants in flames, Im gonna have my fun.
Closed Thread