Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize you're arguing with the guy that's paid hundreds of his own real world dollars to give you something to do on a Saturday night besides masturbate in a tube sock, right?

Perspective.
QFT
Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, there were 15 of them, not a couple. And if it matters, one of those threads had a post from ME in it. I guess I could post 50 more, but it wouldn't make a difference to you.

If you want something changed, make a bug report stating what you believe to be inaccurate about it. I don't see any bug reports about how planar binding should or should not be working. (Like I said, im still of the opinion fear should be bindable, I have no idea about hate, someone bug it if its not supposed to be bindable)I don't see bug reports about that glare lord in fear, (which I'm fixing, thanks Nizzarr.)

I never said that there was a "safe" spot in fear. I said "As far as N wall camp, that was the preferred strategy up until people realized you could just SW and mez things." With enough evidence, like Nizzarr is providing, I can fix it. I'm always down to make things harder, trust me there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me be clear. I'm not trying to argue with you. I do greatly respect the time and effort you folks have put into the server. I want the end game to be enjoyable for people and challenging. I wanted to get to the bottom of this, so I asked some real old school raiding friends what they remember, one was a druid who was one the first players worldwide to set foot in fear. From what he remembers, during the first 2 weeks it was open, anyone could zone in, regardless of level, bind ect.

Then there was a lot of people upset over what was called the "Ogre cam" and then they changed it/tweaked the zone 2 weeks later. Bind may have removed for a time until the fear revamp, at least that's what i remember since nobody back in the day in their right mind actually bound there, since there wasn't a safe spot. My other friend also remembers the same thing. You didn't bind there, especially to sit and track mobs. He absolutely remembers that you could not bind in POH at all, and as a matter of fact, you were only allowed to track Inno from the second floor if I'm not mistaken. The problem is there isn't a complete history of the original EQ patches. SOE's database goes as far back as 2004. FOH and LOS about 2000. I did find one link that had several patch overviews, but the entire history when those fear changes took place are missing which is basically the entire summer of 99.

I'm gonna dig up an old school kunark disk and see if I can dig up some patch history -P
Old 05-16-2010, 04:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me be clear. I'm not trying to argue with you. I do greatly respect the time and effort you folks have put into the server. I want the end game to be enjoyable for people and challenging. I wanted to get to the bottom of this, so I asked some real old school raiding friends what they remember, one was a druid who was one the first players worldwide to set foot in fear. From what he remembers, during the first 2 weeks it was open, anyone could zone in, regardless of level, bind ect.

Then there was a lot of people upset over what was called the "Ogre cam" and then they changed it/tweaked the zone 2 weeks later. Bind may have removed for a time until the fear revamp, at least that's what i remember since nobody back in the day in their right mind actually bound there, since there wasn't a safe spot. My other friend also remembers the same thing. You didn't bind there, especially to sit and track mobs. He absolutely remembers that you could not bind in POH at all, and as a matter of fact, you were only allowed to track Inno from the second floor if I'm not mistaken. The problem is there isn't a complete history of the original EQ patches. SOE's database goes as far back as 2004. FOH and LOS about 2000. I did find one link that had several patch overviews, but the entire history when those fear changes took place are missing which is basically the entire summer of 99.

I'm gonna dig up an old school kunark disk and see if I can dig up some patch history -P
First of all: no one cares what you think.

Second of all: Anecdotal memories are absurdly unreliable, as has been proven many times over by psychologists. All this "I remember," "he remembers" bullshit is completely worthless, especially when you are faced against people posting 15 different posts from that era talking about being bound in fear.

You are floating into Siinge-level retardation. I don't think you want to go there.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all: no one cares what you think.

Second of all: Anecdotal memories are absurdly unreliable, as has been proven many times over by psychologists. All this "I remember," "he remembers" bullshit is completely worthless, especially when you are faced against people posting 15 different posts from that era talking about being bound in fear.

You are floating into Siinge-level retardation. I don't think you want to go there.
You mean like people remembering shit from 4 years previous and posting about it on message boards? That's "absurdly unreliable"? That's why I'd like to get the patch notes. I really want to know.

And yea, I'm not surprised IB doesn't agree with me or something. Big surprise. Plenty of other people do agree with me. /shrug. Either way, the larger point was that there was no safe spot to sit in fear and track. Not at the N wall. Not anywhere. So if they are going to add that roamer, they also need to fix temple aggro as well so you can't sit right within the fire ring and track. There shouldn't be any way to sit in that zone without fear of aggro/death with a full pop. Some mobs were able to even see rogue stealth randomly as well back in the day if I recall.

They also should fix tracking in Hate, to where you can't bind there or track Innorruuk from zone. You guys didn't agree with me that mobs couldn't be harmonied in Hate, or that Maestro couldn't be killed with 1 cleric and 1 enchanter, even though they had been doing it for months.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

eventually if you keep backpedaling you'll render your original post so encompassingly null and void that it'll be like it never happened!

ta-daa
Old 05-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like people remembering shit from 4 years previous and posting about it on message boards? That's "absurdly unreliable"? .
Yes, it is. Unless you wanna dispute peer-reviewed science.

When a bunch of people come together with the same memory, like those saying you could bind in fear, it is more reliable. But a lone Siinge-esque retard arguing against 8 people and 15 posts from 2000, using only memory as evidence, is the definition of unreliable.

You've gone off the deepend. Didn't you quit like over a month ago? Why do you still care what happens? It's pretty pathetic
Old 05-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Kobold

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php

patch history have fun =D
Old 05-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it is. Unless you wanna dispute peer-reviewed science.

When a bunch of people come together with the same memory, like those saying you could bind in fear, it is more reliable. But a lone Siinge-esque retard arguing against 8 people and 15 posts from 2000, using only memory as evidence, is the definition of unreliable.
So remembering content from 10 years ago is now "peer reviewed" science?

Other people agree with me bro. I'm not alone in this recollection. I'll dig up the patch notes. If I'm wrong about the bind, then I'm wrong about it. That doesn't mean I'm backing away shit. You're hilarious. It still doesn't change the fact nobody actually bound there to gate and go sit and track AFK back in the day. There was no "safe spot" to sit and track shit.

Maestro couldn't be duo'd with a cleric and enchanter

Couldn't bind in hate. Couldn't track Inny from ZL (AFAIR). There are lot of mechanics that could be changed here to make the end game a lot more appealing than it currently stands now and you know this. The sit and track without any danger in the planes to summon people" raiding scene here doesn't reflect classic. There needs to be a danger to the planes that is severely lacking atm.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
So remembering content from 10 years ago is now "peer reviewed" science?
What? WHAT? You're trolling, aren't you? Please tell me you're trolling.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I saw this already. There is missing data here though that happens to be the patch where they changed rules in fear. For example, you could no longer be level 1 and enter the zone.
Closed Thread