Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Default ogre, troll, or iksar?

I have a friend thats never played EQ before but he has always wanted to. We've been talking about all of the classes and he seems most interested in a shadowknight. I am going to play a shaman with him, it seems like a very good combo from what i've read and it will allow us to start as the same race which will help since he will need some instructions to start playing and I can help.

The only question then becomes what race would be good. I know regen is helpful for the shaman but Ogre just seems better for the shadowknight. I guess my biggest question would be is the regen from troll/iksar worth more then frontal stun immunity and better starting stats?

I'm just going to get him a full set of banded and a cheap 2 hander, and banded for my shaman with an inexpensive weapon. Want to make sure he sticks with it.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Ogre; the regen isn't such a big whoop past your teens anymore.
Not sure if the stun immunity spellcasting advantage still works quite right though; single green cons are known to have a near 50/50 chance to stop you from casting with their basic melee.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Ogres have the smallest racial penalty of the 3 choices if that's a factor (10% compared with 20% on trolls and lizards).

If he picks a troll SK he'll be entering a world of hurt, aka a 67% exp penalty (40% hybrid and 20% racial combined)...but this isn't WoW, people came here for a challenge, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds like a great pairing if you have troll/ogre one way or the other, don't forget to roleplay! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Aviak

You could always have one play Ogre and the other Troll as their cities are close enough for getting together,

Ogre SK Stun immunity for tanking.
Troll Shaman for regen Mana Dance.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogres have the smallest racial penalty of the 3 choices if that's a factor (10% compared with 20% on trolls and lizards).
15%, actually:

Quote:
What are the experience penalties/bonuses?
By Race:
Troll -20%
Iksar -20%
Ogre -15%
Barbarian -5%
Halfling +5%
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Aviak

I didn't think about going troll shaman and ogre SK. I think I like this idea.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

No idea where I got 10% from, oops.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Aviak

I'd go Iksar. Balanced stats, regen, and good quests for iksars to get gear if you're not twinking. Plus you won't have to worry about ruining your Outpost faction if you want to hunt in Kunark dungeons.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Iksar can't use JBB.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Not trying to scare you off of Inky but this is in here. http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=42511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The search for the Iky Bp is getting annoying lol. Only getting greedy people wanting over 30k+ for them.. That is not going to happen, it isn't that amazing. But as I wait for a few more items I will keep auctioning and will prob settle on the Tree Weave lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to reroll a Troll Shaman when I start lvling, only lvl 9 now so no biggie.
Closed Thread