Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play at work and have been leveling a necro. I randomly have assholes coming up to my cube to ask me questions.
First guy in line to complain about off-shoring.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

the answer is necro.

move along
Old 05-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play at work and have been leveling a necro. I randomly have assholes coming up to my cube to ask me questions.

Thankfully I have dual monitors, and have my second monitor set up so people walking by my cube can't see it unless they walk into my cube. I then have my equipment set up where I have a KVM switch which toggles control between my work PC and my laptop (which is hidden under my desk) and my aforementioned monitor. That way my mouse+keyboard+second monitor are controlling my laptop, and hitting the button on the KVM changes my mouse+keyboard+second monitor to my work desktop.

So I play off an on all day at work, if anyone comes to talk to me in my cube I hit the mouse 4 button which is bound to feign death, and then under my desk my knee hits the button on my KVM switch which switches my second monitor to my work desktop. It's flawless and nobody is none the wiser. I do a lot of AFK camps to level.

Long story short, try a necro.
If you put as much effort into your job as you do trying to get away with playing EQ at your job I think you are way overdue for a promotion and a huge raise.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must have a really rewarding job.
Getting paid to play eq sounds pretty rewarding to me. Some of you sound a little jealous! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Ive played EQ for years at work. for the past few years I worked at a small hospital and ran the Emergency Room(3 bed ER). Most of the time is play my necro and FD when something crazy comes in(really sucks when I finally get a pop at a good camp though).
As for the afk leveling if you're FD then your pet wont agro so that doesnt work. There are ways around it but it gets shady and yes the GMs will bind you underwater or in a bad spot = death loop for doing that. I have been threatened.
Last edited by murcielago200; 05-02-2015 at 04:37 AM..
Old 05-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazlo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting paid to play eq sounds pretty rewarding to me. Some of you sound a little jealous! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah just find it funny that people complain about evil corporations and how they offshore etc.

Who wouldn't offshore this guy's job?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah just find it funny that people complain about evil corporations and how they offshore etc.

India loves it when people offshore. I changed a lot of my stuff (insurance, internet, etc) to companies that don't... put your local pals first.

If only we could all play EQ at work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
India loves it when people offshore. I changed a lot of my stuff (insurance, internet, etc) to companies that don't... put your local pals first.

If only we could all play EQ at work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah trying to actual manage people who do this kind of stuff is lame though.... SLA was 4 weeks on something I needed done for huge software release.... and these guys took 13 weeks =/

13 weeks... twice they said they dropped the ball.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You should probably not speak unless you know what you're talking about. You think any job is offshoreable? What about a nurse? A mechanic? Or in my case, IT support which requires hands on hardware support.

You just sound like someone who is jealous with a hangup on offshoring jobs. I do my job quickly and efficiently, which gives me downtime to play EQ. Keep working hard and maybe someday you can be as successful as me!
Last edited by waffel; 05-02-2015 at 08:28 AM..
Old 05-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
You should probably not speak unless you know what you're talking about. You think any job is offshoreable? What about a nurse? A mechanic? Or in my case, IT support which requires hands on hardware support.

You just sound like someone who is jealous with a hangup on offshoring jobs. I do my job quickly and efficiently, which gives me downtime to play EQ. Keep working hard and maybe someday you can be as successful as me!
See my sig... that's what I did when I read your post.

PS - I definitely know what I'm talking about.... and hands on IT Support may not be something you can offshore, but it's something that will likely be downsized or they can contract n cheaper labor. Have fun with that.
Last edited by RevengeofGio; 05-02-2015 at 08:55 AM..
Closed Thread