Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

For the amount of time it takes to cast the pet, then reclaim, why not just med the extra two ticks? At max level you're talking about a 400 mana pet. Specialization saves you a max of what, 10%? Seems like you're better off medding.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

This is the only thing I have found so far in regards to Mage pet canni. Obviously it was there, I just don't know how good it was before AAs. Obviously after AAs it was considered OP since they changed the AA in this patch.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20031218.html
Old 04-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskedmelon
Poppycock! That would clearly violate The Law of Conservation of Energy!
I think you mean the law of equivalent exchange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you mean the law of equivalent exchange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talking physics, good to see the alchemy recognizes the laws of the universe as well though ^^
Old 04-02-2015, 11:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the amount of time it takes to cast the pet, then reclaim, why not just med the extra two ticks? At max level you're talking about a 400 mana pet. Specialization saves you a max of what, 10%? Seems like you're better off medding.
Pet canni felt pretty efficient. With the instant cast reclaim energy on mage focus items it seemed pretty quick to get to full mana.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poppycock! That would clearly violate The Law of Conservation of Energy!
You clearly don't know the 4th law, said Law of Thermadynamagic.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 04-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet canni felt pretty efficient. With the instant cast reclaim energy on mage focus items it seemed pretty quick to get to full mana.
Definitely better than medding. This was without any AAs. My biggest disinclination was that I'd often summon gear to give my pet, so I wasn't inclined to purge him just because I was a little low on mana. If I didn't have any big commitment to a pet and had lots of malachite, it was the fastest way to get mana back.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

First time poster here but long time mage player.

During PoP pet canni was extremely powerful; especially in a wipe or very long raid situation. This of course was only true if the mage had the right gear, conjuration spec'd and all relevant AA's.

It was entirely possible to go from OOM to full in under 2 minutes. A couple times my guild (farming PoTime) went back to Vex Thal with a small crew just because we could. In the marathol battles with Aten Ha Ra I could burn three full bars of mana.....not because our dps sucked that bad but because I knew I could burn mana, canni it back, burn it again, canni it back and do a third full burn.

Of course it was crap like this that led to pet canni getting nerfed but for awhile many mages had a lot of fun with it.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Sarnak

Ive been playing a Magician on Rallos Zek since 2001. I never leveled past 59 in that time era and never had aa's. I can say with 100% certainty that I used pet canni to get mana when I played all the way up until Planes of Power when they took pet canni away by giving the aa improved reclaim magic. The aa did nothing and was later taken out because of such and pet canni was taken away forever. AA's were not a requirement for this ability, infact, when aa's came out, the ability got nerfed.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Orc

It is my understanding that the Pet Canni (without AA's) was only possible due to conjuration specialization. Is this true? Where because you specialized in conjuration your pet spell cast at 11% less mana than listed value, yet when you used Reclaim Energy it refunded the whole listed mana (200 mana) per pet? If true, then it looks like you could get 20 extra mana per pet cannibalize (up to level 50). I guess that is semi-fast since you could get one pet cannibalize cycle done per 2 ticks...so an extra 10 per tick...almost like Clarity.

In the 50's once pet costs increase to 400 mana it would double to 20 per tick. I'm wondering why this trick didn't work with Necro pets?
Closed Thread