Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

What is with all the Yelp review people? Sorry for your experience in a free game. Ta ta!
Old 09-26-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You shouldn't have to defend making classic changes

Remove the pet winduh u spaghetti spine
He’s right you know
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andipooo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With regard to "how did other people (in the past) play with one hotbar?":
I've always played p99 with a single hotbar. It never held me back.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always played p99 with a single hotbar. It never held me back.
Ditto.

The only thing I ever used the second hot bar for was the "sense heading every time I turn left" trick ... which was awesome, but I never remembered Sense Heading being that easy in classic. so that trick had always felt wrong to me anyway.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default Thanks for seeing it with our eyes

Thank you rogean.

Those that told me to leave the server for speaking up. You can thank me too because technically we should have had no window at start.

Speak up when you want change. Don't bash those that do.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you rogean.

Those that told me to leave the server for speaking up. You can thank me too because technically we should have had no window at start.

Speak up when you want change. Don't bash those that do.
The important part is you found a way to make things about you again.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 PM
Large Bat

Now if only we could get the fix for the Surefall ports...
Old 09-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

The only reason I "kind of" object for a half second is that you can currently get around the lack of hotbars by adding a few steps to the macro on your programmable keyboard/mouse without skipping a beat in terms of game play.

Most people probably won't do this --- but I thought the same thing when they took auto-stand out of casting. Folks found ways of getting around it with in-game macros and programmable keyboards...and it really is worth the time to set it up if you play EQ 20 hours per day.

Loramin and others are right though...this is a classic EQ mission. Its pretty hard to make any logical argument for a feature that isn't supposed to be in yet if there is a way to remove it unless you change the mission statement.

PS. Street Fighter 2 is one of the greatest icons of my childhood...how dare any of you heathen corrupt it with these fake characters. WTF is a Cammy!?
Old 09-28-2019, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason I "kind of" object for a half second is that you can currently get around the lack of hotbars by adding a few steps to the macro on your programmable keyboard/mouse without skipping a beat in terms of game play.

Most people probably won't do this --- but I thought the same thing when they took auto-stand out of casting. Folks found ways of getting around it with in-game macros and programmable keyboards...and it really is worth the time to set it up if you play EQ 20 hours per day.
You can do it ... but if you get caught you'll get banned: is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policies
5. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This includes programmable keyboards or other devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do it ... but if you get caught you'll get banned: is it worth it?
Yes, exactly my point. I have quoted the same section when explaining this rule to others on the forums.

Implementing these changes are good, but if folks can just get around them with impunity by macro'ing the heck out of the game using 3rd party software then what's the point? It would only hinder the folks who choose to comply with it.

I know its horribly unpopular, but unless p99 is willing and able to enforce rules related to the (already against the rules) 3rd party software then what's the point?

There are some serious game exploits (not just skilling up tracking while afk) that folks can do with these programs if they know how to do them.

So far the standard has been 1) you need to be at the keyboard (don't run a macro and go to sleep) and 2) make sure whatever you are doing you could physically do if you were sitting at the computer playing.

Its a good approach to enforcing the spirit of the rule...but in ten years of the server I know of not a confirmed person suspended or banned for using such software...and while I wouldn't expect to know when they ban someone for what in 10 years I think I would have heard of at least one person. At best, it gives encouragement to folks that their odds of getting caught are slim to none --- at worst, folks just assume it is tacitly approved by the staff.
Closed Thread