Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 03:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The notable bit here ladies and gents is that was RMT from April of 2015.

Logs are forever.
Sounds like a power trip. With all the logs around from staff conversations, I question the judgement you exercise. I would be interested to know how concrete the evidence is or if you're just waving that ban stick around cause it makes you feel like a big boy.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a power trip. With all the logs around from staff conversations, I question the judgement you exercise. I would be interested to know how concrete the evidence is or if you're just waving that ban stick around cause it makes you feel like a big boy.
If the individual here wishes to contest the ban, they are free to petition and I'll show them my proof.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hopefully they do. Just odd you would hit someone nearly 9 months later randomly - unless they didn't something later you just didn't mention.

Doesn't leave a reassuring feeling for us peons
Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 PM
Banned

there is no statute of limitations on elf justice
Old 01-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfdin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully they do. Just odd you would hit someone nearly 9 months later randomly - unless they didn't something later you just didn't mention.

Don't RMT, Don't get banned.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Former Guide

Quote:

Ah, that is because I just discovered this particular seller.

He is one of probably 50 accounts banned over the past couple days stemming from this one seller.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't RMT, Don't get banned.
duh.

That's the point i'm trying to make, but probably doing a lousy job of. Got banned and unbanned in that wave last year.

Just seems like if things are treated more guilty until innocent here, and I guess just have to deal with that.

I guess pokesan says it best a post or two above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is no statute of limitations on elf justice
Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, that is because I just discovered this particular seller.

He is one of probably 50 accounts banned over the past couple days stemming from this one seller.
Thank you for clarification [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The whole 9months thing seemed odd.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Thank you for clarification [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The whole 9months thing seemed odd.

Sure thing.

As for guilty until proven innocent. I understand that may be the perception at times, but that's certainly not my intent.

When larger RMT sellers like this one are hit, yes some innocent people get caught. Usually that is simply due to the volume of effort in processing/tracking the buyers. Sometimes I make mistakes. This is why I said that individual is more than welcome to contest the ban.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Nice work Braknar.

Unfortunately, this is also why I don't do plat/item transfers. You never know who is RMT'ing, and your friendly assistance can get you on a ban list. Tough to prove you are innocent in a case like that I would think.