Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-04-2024, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are referring to Bards, I agree they are in a grey area in terms of their toolkit.

It would probably be up to OP to decide what they meant by "caster". I think everybody here assumes OP meant cloth caster (Wizard, Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer). Based on OP's few replies, that seems to be the case. Priest is obviously Shaman/Druid/Cleric.
Yes, caster (Wizard, Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer).
Old 01-04-2024, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

So you want the best “intelligence” only caster group?

Best: ench ench ench necro.

Enchanters for obvious reasons. Necro provides heal potential if priests are off the table. This brings the most raw power to the table.

Alternative: ench ench necro mage.

Mage provides malo, haste masks + other perks along with decreased risk with 1 less charm to manage. Lower dps but higher safety margin.

Sub in wizard of you want to consider fancy planar targets or want some general mobility.

A pure intelligence caster thread is a lot less interesting to debate than one that includes all casters
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-04-2024, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you want the best “intelligence” only caster group?
The title of the thread says "Best 4 person all caster/priest group". With OP's clarification of cloth caster, that is a four man group comprising of a combination of the following classes: Wizard, Enchanter, Necromancer, Magician, Shaman, Druid, Cleric. That is what we have been discussing already.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2024 at 01:12 PM..
Old 01-04-2024, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The title of the thread says "Best 4 person all caster/priest group". With OP's clarification of cloth caster, that is a four man group comprising of a combination of the following classes: Wizard, Enchanter, Necromancer, Magician, Shaman, Druid, Cleric. That is what we have been discussing already.
What DSM said.
Old 01-04-2024, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

That was to NOT include bards.
Including bards would certainly open up this discussion to new and interesting alternative combos. Since you know the answer was given in the first few pages.
Old 01-05-2024, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

I would love to justify the bard despite it being against the rules, and it isn't terrible 55+, but I just can't see it beating mage or shaman or second enchanter in this group.
Old 01-05-2024, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

It would if it was just int caster + brd. That is what i was alluding to.
Old 01-05-2024, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

DSM coming with straight facts, with actual math behind it. Anybody else want to step up and be wrong?
Old 01-05-2024, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Oh no, DSM is Infectious.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm not the one who suggested the Wizard porting farm crew that splits up. Talk to Fortior if you want to complain about the discussion. I am just replying to it.

Personally I agree that the Wizard farm crew is more niche than a standard group that sticks together. But OP didn't specify that a split up farm crew is invalid for this thread.
OP just says 'best 4 person all caster/priest group'

I think everyone agrees that for most camps, the most challenging aspect is clearing to the camp or breaking the camp. For some areas, notably PoHate, the break-in is challenging and you need a special trick to get up there (and green server rules mean you have to port up to kill a newly spawned mini, can't just get a dial wiz hate port and camp up there)

I think we can also all agree that P99 is competitive and the best spots are competed for. XP, loot, etc.

IMO these 2 points mean your own porter is mandatory, if you're doing hate you need rez, if you're doing fungi king you need fd pull so necro, if you're doing SG you need an enchanter. Shaman can fd pull with wizard sky ports and fd ring but that's kind of a meme so I think its just necro here

If it's not about loot but instead churning through blues for sub-60 XP, and you also have to keep the group together, I don't think there's something you can add to cleric/enchanter that makes the duo better for XPing, except for another enchanter or something. In some zones you can do like necro/enchanter (howling stones, kaesora) when level appropriate

Basically if you add a shaman to a clr/enchanter group that shaman is leeching xp. Hell some might say the cleric is leeching xp but I think that's mostly true if you're a twinked or high level/spell complete enchanter, also again for hate you need rez