Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 12-23-2022, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

Default Classic Character Select Music Changed

This has probably been posted, but it is worth a repost. Discovered this gem on Youtube. I knew I wasn't crazy back in the day. I thought the music changed on each race during creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjWD...l=LandonRivers

Also, I was so excited to share it, I realize I posted it in the wrong Forum.
Last edited by Dac321; 12-23-2022 at 02:23 AM..
Old 12-23-2022, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

This music sounds like wing commander music!

I feel like I'm in the lobby playing X-wing
Old 12-23-2022, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

awesome find.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-23-2022, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Neat piece of trivia. I always played with music turned off--pretty much the first thing I did upon installation because I disliked MIDI music--so I have zero personal memory of this type of thing. I do recall we're missing stuff like the difficulty descriptions (still present in P99's Titanium client, but not used) and the world map.

Danth
Old 12-23-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neat piece of trivia. I always played with music turned off--pretty much the first thing I did upon installation because I disliked MIDI music--so I have zero personal memory of this type of thing. I do recall we're missing stuff like the difficulty descriptions (still present in P99's Titanium client, but not used) and the world map.

Danth
I’ll turn the music on occasionally but overall I actually play with like no eq sound lol is that strange
Old 12-23-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

I kept sound on, just not music. Sound is pretty important for situation awareness, especially since I like playing first person. Music always feels out of place to me in a role-playing game or simulator, even beyond my dislike for MIDI. Is my medieval-tech character supposed to have a Walkman in his helmet?
Old 12-23-2022, 08:47 PM
Banned

I don't remember the game saying that certain race / class combos were low or high difficulty? Does anyone else remember this? I was a kid so I could have forgotten, but I felt like it didn't tell us that?
Old 12-23-2022, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

"The League of Antonican Bards is the oldest of the human guilds. It is the responsibility of all bards to record and document the history of Norrath through poetry and song. Marsheart's Chords is your guildhouse in North Freeport. The Theater of the Tranquil in West Freeport is a favorite place to perform. The League is on good terms will nearly all of the other guilds within Freeport and tries to stay neutral to city politics.@> This Race / Class / Deity combination is of MODERATE DIFFICULTY"

"Welcome to Qeynos! Qeynos is a busy human port city that is dedicated to the principles of law and ruled over by the strong, benevolent hand of Antonius Bayle. For now. As a loyal Warrior of Bertoxxulous, the Plaguebringer, you are a valued member of the Bloodsabers. The Bloodsabers seek to spread disease and death across the face of Norrath. Quickly you will discover you have many enemies, including most of the other guilds in Qeynos, especially within the Temple of Life and the House of Thunder, as well as Antonius Bayle himself. You do have allies but they are difficult to identify and quick to turn on you.@> This Race / Class / Deity combination is of MODERATE to HIGH DIFFICULTY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was there, although a lot of folks probably clicked through it pretty quickly. A lot of it can still be found buried in our client, like the entries cut-and-pasted above.

Danth
Old 12-25-2022, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

I do remember vividly the difficulty message. But yes, most times I would skip through it quickly.
Old 12-27-2022, 05:27 AM
Sarnak

Awesome find thanks for sharing.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya