Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-02-2023, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green launch was kinda hellish so maybe it should be a surprise ��
Too many sweaty nerds will book vacation time or outright quit their jobs on launch day if its too far in advance.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many sweaty nerds will book vacation time or outright quit their jobs on launch day if its too far in advance.
I know they can't actually do it this way, but I wish they'd just have a lottery so that some lucky people could join in the first few hours, and then another (almost as lucky) group could log in during the second set of hours, and so on. A simple feat of staggering the new folks would make the launch a whole lot smoother.

Plus, if you lucked out and got in one of the first groups, and your legs didn't work before, they would magically start working again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:20 PM
Banned

i co authored the wiki so i know how to run your server better devs please listen to my suggestions
(lol)
Old 02-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know they can't actually do it this way, but I wish they'd just have a lottery so that some lucky people could join in the first few hours, and then another (almost as lucky) group could log in during the second set of hours, and so on. A simple feat of staggering the new folks would make the launch a whole lot smoother.

Plus, if you lucked out and got in one of the first groups, and your legs didn't work before, they would magically start working again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is even more asinine than the guy wanting a Nazi registration system for AC camp. If I'm not in there first minutes of my own volition with the rest of the neckbeard sweatlord chadbro babymakers right away fighting over bats & bugs then it IS. NOT. CLASSIC.

Edited afterthought: They don't even give us any sort regular communication NOW about things that really need it...you think they've got the time & resources to pull that off?
Old 02-02-2023, 07:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Volunteer to become a (low-level) GM.

I've heard through the grapevine (just a rumor from someone who supposedly talked to a GM ... but this tracks with what I know of the project in general) that the limiting factor here is staff resources.

A new server is a whole lot of work. A merge between any two servers (Green=>Blue, Red=>Blue, etc.) would also be a whole lot of work. The staff is in no hurry to do that work, especially with their current limited resources ... so the one thing players can do is volunteer, and give them more resources.
This? I couldn't find another one, and those questions relate to dealing with people, not migrating account/character/inventory data from one database to another.

I do agree though, I looked at the peq db, and if it has a similar schema it'll take a bit to do right.

I'd volunteer to write queries and code, but not if it requires babysitting others.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:06 PM
Banned

The chaos of launch day is both part of the experience and not really a problem because it will naturally work itself out in short order. Some people will simply wait to log in, and the neckbeardy ones will slog on through the congested zones. But the level range will quickly stratify. It'll be fine.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:22 PM
Skeleton

Does it have to be "Neck beard" I knew plenty of people who had neckbeards (All they can grow) but werent nerds. they might of been psycho but not a nerd.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkennewbie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it have to be "Neck beard" I knew plenty of people who had neckbeards (All they can grow) but werent nerds. they might of been psycho but not a nerd.
I'm sorry, this is Everquest. Every last one of us is a neckbeard, even the women
Old 02-03-2023, 09:27 AM
Large Bat

It's been my understanding that Green server is the beta project, while Blue server was the alpha. So it seems to reason that a new server will release eventually, once Staff is confident everything is "working as intended" and resources are availabe.
Old 02-03-2023, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Go play TLP if you want instances