Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2023, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I check 2x every day to see if there is an announcement for Green 2.0. It's become a morning daily ritual that I do once I've got my chocolate milk. I just hope it comes out within the next 30 days or so. Work starts up again end of March, so that would super suck if it released right when I had to go back to work T_T rip.
Old 01-06-2023, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Maybe the gods reconsidered the merging evolution. Why not leave Blue alone, leave Green alone, and create another new server at some point? Don’t want to spread the player population too thin? Or don’t want to create more work with managing another new server? Dumping a relatively new server(Green) into a pretty old server(Blue) seems like a bad idea to me. I’ll not play a new server and am not hard corps. I understand others desire for these things, though.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully not before I'm done old splitpaw. I just have to create the loot tables in my db and hand off the exports to p99 devs for imports/testing.
Need to get newbie zone respawns working before new server imo.

Live had a very nice system that newbie mobs were linked in to triads and the triad would only respawn once all three had been killed.

The system made it so there was never a a shortage of mobs when newbie zones were busy, but also never an excess of mobs when they were quiet.

The system wasn't fully implemented in Paineel, which actually makes it more obvious. Usually each member of the triad would have separate (random?) spawn points, but in Paineel each triad shares one spot.

You can still witness the mechanic on live, go to Paineel, round up the mobs and AoE them. You'll see them respawn in threes across the newbie zone. You can then keep killing a triad and they'll respawn together pretty much straight away.

Implementing this will help so much, as well as making sure the zone's number of mobs scales spawning with the number of players killing them, it will prevent things like magician pets sitting on a young puma spawn monopolising it (instead maybe they'd monopolise three pumas!)

The other thing is, North Ro has WAAAAY to many decaying skeletons, no?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-06-2023, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Didn't they say they would wait at least a year after the final patch to recycle? If so, that puts us at July 2023 as the earliest date. You will notice they also announced they were recruiting staff recently, which is something they did about a year out from green launch.

Personally, while I would really love a new server, dicking around for 10 months or whatever it is in classic is a long fucking time. They probably aren't allowed to do this, but some sort of sped up progression would be a lot of fun.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't they say they would wait at least a year after the final patch to recycle? If so, that puts us at July 2023 as the earliest date. You will notice they also announced they were recruiting staff recently, which is something they did about a year out from green launch.

Personally, while I would really love a new server, dicking around for 10 months or whatever it is in classic is a long fucking time. They probably aren't allowed to do this, but some sort of sped up progression would be a lot of fun.
Sounds like someone didn't spend enough time getting dwarf commanders drunk on honeymead or running a fashion industry business supplying red dresses to unscrupulous merchants.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-06-2023, 04:24 PM
Orc

Count me among the lurkers that checks daily for news on Green 2.0 and Red 2.0.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nah, it was six months at the earliest.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2960116

"The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)"

Granted, it could end up being July, or next year, or never. Hoping it's soon. I'd rather do the initial 1 to 50 grind during the winter months
Old 01-07-2023, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Oh shhhh. Thanks for fact checking me. It could really happen any time then. I suspect they will at least give us a decent heads up once they get the pieces in place.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Here's what I think the outlook is like for merge or non-merge and restart...

A few points:

1) Right now the population on green and blue is split significantly (50/50).

2) Since the population is split significantly, there is real danger either merging or not-merging and alienating a large portion of your population with that decision.

3) Right now it remains in the project's best interest to remain silent on the issue until they can figure out to the best of their ability which route will be best for long term sustainability for the project.

4) This could result in a much longer wait than usual or a much shorter than anticipated wait to launch.

5) The least likely approach would be to re-release the exact date 3 years from when green launched, though the staff have done more surprising things in the past.

6) We'll see.

Old 01-07-2023, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrimir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, it was six months at the earliest.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2960116

"The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)"

Granted, it could end up being July, or next year, or never. Hoping it's soon. I'd rather do the initial 1 to 50 grind during the winter months
Would be kinda cool if they launched green 2.0 on same day that eq originally launched