Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-12-2023, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default Can you give away your account?

If I held some kind of an in game contest/event and the winner was given my account, would that be against the rules? Or totally cool?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-13-2023, 01:20 AM
Aviak

Only if the contest is about who is handsomest according to mommy, then I win and yes you can give me your account.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Probably fine but just to be safe you probably just want to give me your accounts bc I can confirm that would be fine.
Old 06-13-2023, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Not an elf lawyer, but the primary thing that is banned from my understanding is account trading (pay real money or plat/items for an account).

People share accounts all the time, and that doesn't get banned. So technically you can say you are sharing your account with whomever "won" it.

However, you did make a forum post documenting a confession that you are using your account for some form of transaction, instead of sharing it. That may mean the devs will look into you to make sure you didn't receive something for the account. A common method to try and get around rules like this is to say: "I gave away my account for free, and the person I gave it to just happened to thank me with some Holgresh Elder Beads. This was TOTALLY unexpected".
Old 06-13-2023, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I held some kind of an in game contest/event and the winner was given my account, would that be against the rules? Or totally cool?
Emphasis added:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policies
7. Real Money Trades (RMT) are not allowed on Project 1999.

The involvement of any currency, items, or services external to any Project 1999 Server (Including but not limited to: real money (USD, Euro, Etc), regulated or otherwise (Bitcoins), Food/Delivery, Virtual currency of any other game (Platinum on Live or other EQEmulator Servers, Beta Keys for the latest new game, etc)) for any of that Project 1999 server's virtual items or service (Including by not limited to: Items, Platinum, Powerlevelling, Accounts/Characters) is strictly forbidden. This is a very serious rule, and violation of this rule willl result in permanent bans of all the accounts of the players involved. Real money trades includes, but is not limited to, trading for items or platinum in game, powerleveling services, accounts, characters, or other services. Currency includes all forms of real world OR virtual currency (IE, bit-coins, WoW gold, etc) AND real world items (Pizza's, Blooming Onions, Televisions, etc). Do not joke about RMT on Project 1999. We will take all offers of RMT on Project 1999 seriously. Account trading and selling is not allowed on Project 1999 in any form.
Seems like it could be considered account trading, as you are "trading" it to someone in exchange for them winning your contest.

Ultimately it's up to the staff to decide, but if I had to bet, I'd bet against it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

I could maybe see it being allowed depending on the rules of the contest and how many participants there were. Like if the contests is structured as such that there's no realistic way it could be a front for RMT where it's rigged and the "winner" is the one who had paid for the account.

There have definitely been contests where high value items (including items that you could arguably see RMTed from time to time) have been given away. So I think if you communicate thoroughly with the staff on it and get all the details ironed out and approved in advance you might be able to do it.
Old 06-13-2023, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

Not allowed because 99% of the time its just a front to RMT. People make up bizarre rules and then you manipulate them to let the guy who RMT'd you miraculously win, so it "looks" like a legit account transfer but its not.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Ah ok. Thanks for the info guys! Looks like its safer to just not even try and just keep it. I'm sure it's probably for the best. I'm sure years from now I'd get the itch to play again and would regret the decision.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 06-13-2023 at 09:59 PM..
Old 06-14-2023, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Just keep it. Don't give it away to some random degenerate sperg.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep it. Don't give it away to some random degenerate sperg.
Agreed.