Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-21-2015, 03:21 AM
Large Bat

Default Charming Summoned Pets

No matter who says otherwise this is NOT how it was. You could not charm a mage pet and make it instantly die. This was never a thing in live and it COMPLETELY ruins pvp as a magician. I played Mage my entire time on live and I never played anywhere other than on RZ/Zek. This needs to be fixed. There is absolutely no excuse for making an entire class nearly useless in pvp.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Not saying you are wrong, but A. Where is your evidence/research and B. There is already another thread for this concern.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Large Bat

I apologize that there is another thread but I did not see it. And lack of evidence in this case, is evidence in of itself. Try to find patch notes involving summoned pets being charmed. They don't exist, because it never happened. Besides, you're willing to make epics completely NON classic. I see no reason that this issue could be in place for this long without any resolution. Not only was this never on live, but we're talking about SEVERE balance issues. The magician is limited by his pet. Our nukes barely ever land which is also not classic but thats a different complaint. You remove our pet with Root or Snare it makes the fight difficult but manageable. You make our pets disappear with a buggy charm and we're simply a useless wizard that cant land nukes.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:38 AM
Kobold

Check out this thread for some evidence:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...44#post1927744
Old 10-22-2015, 02:55 AM
Large Bat

#1 That thread says it was a bug.
#2 That was posted FAR beyond our current timeline, as stated it involves Beastlords.
#3 This thread also states that it was classic to charm/fear players in pvp yet that is not in the game.
#4 The fact remains that this is NOT a classic server. There is absolutely no excuse for this bug to remain on our server.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinnais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1 That thread says it was a bug.
#2 That was posted FAR beyond our current timeline, as stated it involves Beastlords.
The thread says poofing charmed pets is classic for our era. The evidence is from 4/19/01, which is in velious. It doesn't mention beastlords. Luclin wasn't released until Dec 2001. See http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline

From https://web.archive.org/web/20010617...picID=10.topic :
Quote:
(4/19/01 7:49:51 am)

Reply Duelling an Enchanter

-If they have a pet, charm it. Once charm breaks it will poof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinnais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter who says otherwise this is NOT how it was. You could not charm a mage pet and make it instantly die. This was never a thing in live and it COMPLETELY ruins pvp as a magician.
Quote:
#3 This thread also states that it was classic to charm/fear players in pvp yet that is not in the game.
#4 The fact remains that this is NOT a classic server. There is absolutely no excuse for this bug to remain on our server.
It sounds like you agree that poofing charmed pets is classic.

This is a classic server, though some changes were made for severe balance issues e.g. clickies, fearing/charming players. If you believe charming pets should be changed in spite of it being classic, http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205274 is a thread for that topic fyi.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:55 AM
Large Bat

I appreciate the forward, this is exactly what I was looking for but could not find. Thank you.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Well, to paraphrase from P99 staff, if it was originally unintended (a bug), such as Selos to break free of roots (which was also classic, but removed from staff permanently because it was originally unintended [a bug]), then this should be changed/fixed.

This case is no different.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Orc

Why would it be possible to charm another players pet and poof it when you cannot charm an NPC pet, you have to charm the NPC to poof the pet.

Also, if a PC (enchanter #1) has a charmed pet, why wouldn't another player (enchanter # 2) be able to over write the 1st charm with their own?

And considering the server is reaching the end of its intended expansion, with the GMs planning to implement custom content - why not just make the changes that make the EQ experience / pvp mechanics better?
Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would it be possible to charm another players pet and poof it when you cannot charm an NPC pet, you have to charm the NPC to poof the pet.

Also, if a PC (enchanter #1) has a charmed pet, why wouldn't another player (enchanter # 2) be able to over write the 1st charm with their own?

And considering the server is reaching the end of its intended expansion, with the GMs planning to implement custom content - why not just make the changes that make the EQ experience / pvp mechanics better?
I will tell you why... Classic.