Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned

No this was the case

Look up killing priest of discord in gfay with charmed bat

Many times in Neriak bank an item loot was denied by the bank guard killing the victim
Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

was a classic exploit and lead to things like fansy killin everyone who came into rv

you promoting exploits?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Banned

recharging is a classic exploit
Old 09-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Banned

If someone is kos to the guards, the guards should attack him regardless. Also noticed if I dispell someone in grobb, guards willnt assist. But if I dispell someone in Nfp, guards will assist. Its so backwards and no two cities are the same.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Banned

How is winning the favor of a local militia and them joining me in battle an exploit

Make it classic yowl

Should we have the mob aggro and tether rules WoW has to prevent training? GROCE
Old 09-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

I disagree with nirgon, if you implement faction assist that way it would have empire parking mobs at zoneline.. only way they get on upside of yt.

But to stay on topic I was in thurg max ally fighting another player max ally. Both could attack each other without guards assisting, we were all over the zone too. Is there a chance it's an ally faction issue?
Old 09-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Banned

lets not forget who parked bees on the sky port in

not empire

at any rate I'm not worried what one side or the other will do
Old 09-04-2015, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No this was the case

Look up killing priest of discord in gfay with charmed bat

Many times in Neriak bank an item loot was denied by the bank guard killing the victim
looked it up. those exploits were based on aggro lists bugs with charm - charming NPCs and getting them to attack a player, which would get players on their aggro list, then other NPC would assist that charmed NPC due to the aggro list.

Nothing to do with straight PvP like what you're implying - guards only aggro the attacker; not the guy who's just standing there getting hit by someone.
Last edited by Grimjaw; 09-04-2015 at 01:16 AM..
Old 09-04-2015, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I read Nirgons and others posts correctly, they are claiming that gaurds should be assisting the attacker. But that was never the case on live. Guards should only be assisting the guy who gets assaulted, and only if he has the higher faction. To say that the guard should assist you just because you hit someone is incorrect. Maybe if he had a DS on then that would provoke the guards - only when the guy with lower faction attacks is when guards should aggro him, not when he gets attacked

This is correct.

On live a max ally person could attack me when I sat at the guards. If I attack him, the guards would kill me.

Pretty positive two max allies the guards just did nothing.

With normal faction, the person doing the attacking would be killed by the guards just as if the person attacking was a bat or fire beetle. The guards keep the peace and if you were a non ally breaking the peace, you would be slain.

Until around velious maybe mid kunark or so, a mage could send his pet in to attack me, and the pet would not aggro, and I would be sitting rooted at the guards. If I attacked the pet, I would be killed. The guards disregarded the actions of the pet and would not aggro the pet owner.

This was patched so that the guards would run towards the pet owner if the pet was attacking a player in range of the guards.

In cities, nuke spells never aggroed guards unless you cast such spell within a guard aggro range.

Max ally could attack other players without fear of repercussion from the ally guards, and the guards would rush to assist the ally if the ally was attacked within guard aggro range by a non ally.

Additional note: I have no idea how things worked in Velious zones, just normal city zones. Kelethin, Felwithe, Kaladim, Rivervale specifically.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 09-04-2015 at 02:00 AM..
Old 09-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Banned

Well then please explain the why guards would get a killing blow when we bank ganked people that did not fight back