Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Orc

Default PvP Guard Assist

PvP guard assist is not working in Skyshrine. ( Guessing it's also broken in Kael as well)

Guards don't assist at all, should be based on faction.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Banned

A missing piece in this functionality is that guards should also assist in attacking another player if the attacker has a higher faction level.

IE I am ally and attack someone dubious, the guards or NPCs otherwise should assist me in the attack.

BTW this is pretty awesome for druids in many zones when it works. More on that, if you charmed a bat in greater faydark on someone or a mob like the priest of discord, the guards would attack the bat's target.

This shit is classic.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP guard assist is not working in Skyshrine. ( Guessing it's also broken in Kael as well)

Guards don't assist at all, should be based on faction.
pvp guard assist is added on a per npc basis. Will need to know which npcs should act as guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A missing piece in this functionality is that guards should also assist in attacking another player if the attacker has a higher faction level.
I thought this was already working?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Banned

No m'lord

This also really helps the feeling of immersion in the Velious faction wars and PvP

And per the bat charm on priest of discord it should work in pve too
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-02-2015 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Alecta: [PvP] In PvP, Guards will be more assertive, will notice more detrimental spells, and are more likely to overlook aggression by their friends. Faction up.
also
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125698
Old 09-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

In my example if I attacked a troll in Neriak on my dark elf, the guards should pound him.

This holds true for attacking a druid around friendly animals or in the Velious zones for appropriate NPCs.

Checking out your lank.

Edit: hmmm I will retest this but I'm very high Neriak faction and when I've attacked a troll SK in the caster guild I dont recall them assisting me. Thx for interest in this issue 8).
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-02-2015 at 12:02 PM..
Old 09-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Banned

Guard assist is just dumb. I attack a kos iksar necromancer in Nfp bank. The guards assist him and attack me(half elf enchanter). Really?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp guard assist is added on a per npc basis. Will need to know which npcs should act as guards.
Probably a good starter for 10:
Code:
select sg.name, npc.name from spawngroup sg,spawnentry se, npc_types npc
where sg.name like 'kael\\_%' 
and se.spawngroupID = sg.id
and se.npcid = npc.id
and npc.name like '%Guard%' ;

select sg.name, npc.name from spawngroup sg,spawnentry se, npc_types npc
where sg.name like 'skyshrine\\_%' 
and se.spawngroupID = sg.id
and se.npcid = npc.id
and npc.name like '%Guard%' or npc.name like 'Sentry%';
Old 09-03-2015, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guard assist is just dumb. I attack a kos iksar necromancer in Nfp bank. The guards assist him and attack me(half elf enchanter). Really?
yeah i've tried to figure this shit out and everytime i attack someone i end up being the one attacked, i was under the impression that if i attack someone that has lower faction than me guards should not assist, if he attacks me back they will assist (me with higher faction) and if i attack someone with equal faction the guards don't assist at all

very anti pvp if the guards always assist the guy being attacked no matter what faction they have
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

If I read Nirgons and others posts correctly, they are claiming that gaurds should be assisting the attacker. But that was never the case on live. Guards should only be assisting the guy who gets assaulted, and only if he has the higher faction. To say that the guard should assist you just because you hit someone is incorrect. Maybe if he had a DS on then that would provoke the guards - only when the guy with lower faction attacks is when guards should aggro him, not when he gets attacked
Last edited by Grimjaw; 09-03-2015 at 03:24 AM..