Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Banned

thanks for your opinion, i'll notify image and devnoob so that they will consider it on the next custom PvP server they choose to release in the future
Old 12-16-2015, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Speak of the devil! Had a feeling a post from you was going to be close behind mine.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Banned

I was 17 then and still remember my home address, phone number and teacher's names from high school. Not everyone is as forgetful as you might think
Some of us are capable of remembering things that long.

130 PR was more than enough for bane
160 fire was more than enough for breath of ro

As you were, Gump
Old 12-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was 17 then and still remember my home address, phone number and teacher's names from high school. Not everyone is as forgetful as you might think
Some of us are capable of remembering things that long.

130 PR was more than enough for bane
160 fire was more than enough for breath of ro

As you were, Gump
Thanks for your input I glad you are able to remember all those normal things. I can also remember my home address, phone number, and teachers names guess I am special too! What we need is more evidence to back up claims not this is how I remember it 15 years ago by either someone who doesn't pvp now and probably didn't pvp back then either.

The reason being is the current resist system is a result of you and Colgate talking to Haynar about what each spell should resist at. Anyone that played on a PvP server and was active will know our current resist system on this server is nothing close to live. I'd have to say based on this evidence that perhaps your memory on this subject isn't as perfect as you think it is and you have no idea what you are talking about.

You currently are not a PvPer and I highly doubt you were a PvPer back on live to the point where you would have tested and memorized every resist check. We got to this bad resist system because we listened to two players, one who doesn't pvp and one who was to young to possibly remember what the resists were. I would prefer if you could add some facts or evidence to the discussion since I actually play and pvp on this server and would like it to not be terrible.

Its nothing personal but not everyone trusts what you remember, not everyone trusts a politician, and not everyone trusts a drug dealer, so a better way to win an argument would be to add facts and evidence in support of your side.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned

I mained a raid geared BiS warrior back in zek in 01' and the current system is exactly how I remember things being.

And yes, I remember my home adress, phone number, and teacher's name from the time.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained a raid geared BiS warrior back in zek in 01' and the current system is exactly how I remember things being.

And yes, I remember my home adress, phone number, and teacher's name from the time.
i remember my home address from the time

it was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
Old 12-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Banned

you can highly doubt whatever you want this system is a massive improvement
Old 12-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Banned

i still can't figure out what point jeni is trying to make through all these essays

is it that he's upset with haynar for putting fixing the resist code midway through development on the backburner so that he could assist in finalizing the velious release?

does he want every nuke to be unresistable?

does he want roots, snares, stuns, and blinds to be able to land at 255 magic resist?

does he want song of highsun to be unresistable?

does he want targeted AE spells to have no range check at the end of cast?

does he want tstaff, skean, and windstriker procs to always last 18 seconds?

does he want rogue poisons to land on upwards of 200 poison resist?

does he want to remove the ability to "water dance" detrimental spells?

does he want armor class in PvP to mean absolutely nothing?

does he want resist debuffs to no longer have a 50% bonus applied?

does he want the ability to refresh spell gems via a clicky removed?

you can thank my 7 year old everquest judgment for contributing to the above bug fixes
Old 12-18-2015, 02:59 AM
Sarnak

I actually already bolded the part of my essay highlighting the point I was trying to make, hopefully that helps clear up some confusion.

I don't want devs taking clueless people's word on changes with no factual evidence provided to back up their claims up.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Banned

cool, do you have any factual evidence to support your notion that debuffs should land more easily than other spells?

or is your idea of factual evidence screenshotting the p99 wiki to determine the resist rate of the druid/paladin epic effects?