Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-27-2022, 06:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you people make money?

I've been killing guards, farming Goblin earrings, teleporting folks, etc.

I only have a measly 40k saved up.

How do you nerds make enough for a Earth Staff or a Z-Heart even?

5HP/tick Regen for 200k? Fuck you.

I should be given anything I think I deserve without working for it.

Oh, you have friends and you're able to save enough DKP for an AoN to sell?

Fuck off. IT"S TIME FOR A COMMUNIST REVOLVUTION.

SPREAD THAT WEALTH.

Take that jacket off. It's mine now. Oh those are fresh Jordans. MINE NOW.

Real life is even worse. That house my Dad bought right out of college for engineering is now $800,000. You would need 3 or 4 times a staring engineers pay to buy that today.
When he was in college a company paid him money to agree to accept a job after graduation.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Real life is even worse. That house my Dad bought right out of college for engineering is now $800,000. You would need 3 or 4 times a staring engineers pay to buy that today.
When he was in college a company paid him money to agree to accept a job after graduation.
I agree on the housing fuckery but hiring bonuses are very much a thing now in the labor shortage, as are referral bonuses

Shoot our agency isn’t rich but they were offering like $3k to anyone who referred someone who got hired and like $10k (5 initially then 5 after like a few months) to anyone who was hired on

Some places will also pay for your education (typically graduate school) assuming you sign a contract to work for x years after and not just bail on them
Old 12-27-2022, 06:45 PM
Banned

To ED, you got way more than I do

My secrets: overpaying for almost everything, buying incredibly minor stat gains rather than functional items like gazugi ring, offering fair port tips (50p), and almost never logging in
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65E47231-51E9-44C4-9411-07B2FBBDBEEA.jpg (22.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-27-2022, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To ED, you got way more than I do

My secrets: overpaying for almost everything, buying incredibly minor stat gains rather than functional items like gazugi ring, offering fair port tips (50p), and almost never logging in
The post was tongue-in-cheek (I swear...), but yeah, I think my issue is I tend to spread my funds around to different alts rather than focus it into one main character.

I'm too ADD to do that though. I get bored way too fast if I just play one class.
Old 12-27-2022, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

OP, people with six-digit plat are people who either regularly farm dungeons on their enc/nec/shm/druid*, or regularly play the tunnelquest game in EC and flip items, or both. They're the type of people who farm multiple fungi tunics, hierophant's cloaks, manastones, Holgresh beads, etc etc. Or, as some have said, selling raid loot. I, though a colossal nerd, am also not such a player.

*: yes druid - they can solo farm in Kedge Keep and Siren's Grotto to great effect
Old 12-27-2022, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Cool

High levels druids and wizards can farm Jboots MQs like nobody's business. It's a bit tedious but the OOT AC camp is also very decent exp like 44 - 53ish over time if you're comfortable w a very semi afk camp while doing other stuff on your computer or working around the house with your 5 or 5.5min timer set on your phone after you down a PH. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lots of other casters can do this too but being able to port yourself to SRO shortly before 9pm game time and porting all over the world to check shadow mans for rapiers, then being able to port both yourself and others close to Rathe mtns/Hasten to finish their "quest" makes wizard/druid best at this hustle.
Old 12-28-2022, 12:54 AM
Sarnak

go get a job at mcdonalds i think they are hiring and you will make a lot of money
Old 12-28-2022, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Gross, poor player thread
Old 12-28-2022, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play for like 3 years straight. Servers been up what 10 years? so ya ppl be rich just farming gobbo camps in LS x 10 years == at least 1 mil pp

(there should be "economic collapses" in game determined by RNG when the goblin FTX goes down and everyones plat gets reset to zero or some random amount between 0 and what they initially had weighted towards zero so that ppl with less plat end up with more plat after the economy collapsees and resets than the ppl who started out with more plat)

This would be a blessing from G-d upon this community. And putting it in the program and not determined by a man makes it come directly from G-d.
Anyone else remember back like 2012 when so many of us were using macroquest that the staff couldn't ban everyone or they wouldn't have a server anymore, so they stripped all offending accounts of all coin and took 10% xp from each toon on the account.

I remember, i had alot of plat =\
Old 12-28-2022, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else remember back like 2012 when so many of us were using macroquest that the staff couldn't ban everyone or they wouldn't have a server anymore, so they stripped all offending accounts of all coin and took 10% xp from each toon on the account.

I remember, i had alot of plat =\
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]