Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-26-2024, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aw, bless your heart
Duik aspires to steal pic-a-nic baskets.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:10 PM
Banned

Build your own heaven with aliens in it. See how that works out for ya.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not do both? Your black and white binary either or thinking isn't indicative of a mind open enough to do rigorous science without great bias.
I believe i have addressed that magnet. I said faith. I just dont have faith that the stories mentioned in the various "bibles" are compelling enough. That is not to say i believe they are wrong, i just dont have "faith" in them. That is OK by me. It should be ok with you as well.

So lemme put it another way.
I have more trust in science even if im too stupid to fully understand it on a completely technical level. But i trust the mechanisms by which those conclusions are drawn (from my rudimentary simplistic understanding) are more compelling than the story.
He did it. In 6 days!! Then had a day of rest. Blah etc.

I can analogize that to.

Bigbang (god) created in "6" days (even at C, great distances can take 144hrs to complete)

Rest day (universe cools, relaxes elements form whatever)

To the dumbarse mind of prehistory this would have been unintelligable. Much easier to create metaphors (see greek and roman and norse gods) to describe and attribute great happenings.

Reading your "god did it" books today is just as unintelligable (to me) but that does not mean its wrong. Only that i dont believe (have faith in) it. I can live with that.
Can you live with me believing that?
Old 01-27-2024, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Salty. Got it. NVM.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:27 AM
Banned

Norse metaphors and Greek allegories good but Christian parables >LE BAD!!

Feeling Koala pilled 🐨
Old 01-27-2024, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Captain underpants. You are finding a fight where is is none. I didnt say its bad. I just equated them. Eaqually as metaphorical (to me!) But if you find solace in the stories, go for it!
Placebo strength is still strength.
That momma lifts the car with adrenaline.
The sprinter (who also trains hard) who feels gods strength flow through her body and wins can attribute the success to whoever she wants. Kudos. Folks gods are their own. Let also the lack of one also be their own.
Im about as fast as a snail through molasses. God may take credit for my speed if he so desires. But i wont attribute it to him.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:19 AM
Banned

Yeah I'm not fighting.

6 days is silly and can't presently be taken at face value. G-d would probably tell u this and also that worshipping the 6 days as fact violated the I am the Lord your G-d thing.

I appreciate your value of science. In all practical matters where science is of value, I mostly do that rational or adopt said rational outlook. The both still combine readily for me. Like the science tells me the ratios of the sun moon n earth and spiritually speaking they are significant also.

Not salty, just challenging, you have exceeded all expectations (also illusions) butt lets just say that the sim is working well.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Capt underpants is aussen. You are magnet.
I dont believe in or want a heaven containing aliens or not. You seem to be missunderstanding. That too is ok by me. You seem limited by your insistance that your Lrod god cannot be wrong no matter how contradictory the god books are. Its ok. I understand. They were written down by barely literate "scholars " who valued a good story (as interpreted by them) more than getting the facts straight (with each other). Also agreed about the literal 6 days thing. But since it is in common usage i thought id use it as a guide to (support) my theory.
You seem to ignore my thoughts on what your god does for you. He seems to offer strength where none is. That is a pretty good option. It just is not something that I have faith in. Ya know, faith it is sorta imperative I have that to get the god given strength to do a thing. You have it? Splendid. More power to you. Me, ill take the blame and the accolades myself. Come what may.
I cannot see why this is so difficult for you to get.
Who is closed eyed now?
Also, jews believe slightly differing things to most christians. Muslims, budhists, taoists and mormons believe other stuff. Who is right? I know the answer to this. ALL OF THEM!
Get what ya need from what you have faith in and dump the rest.
Anywho. Worship on, worshippers!
(Extra Lolocaust: My heathen trained spell checker tried to change that to warship. I would have accepted whoreship as well.)
Old 01-27-2024, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Capt underpants is aussen. You are magnet.
I dont believe in or want a heaven containing aliens or not. You seem to be missunderstanding. That too is ok by me. You seem limited by your insistance that your Lrod god cannot be wrong no matter how contradictory the god books are. Its ok. I understand. They were written down by barely literate "scholars " who valued a good story (as interpreted by them) more than getting the facts straight (with each other). Also agreed about the literal 6 days thing. But since it is in common usage i thought id use it as a guide to (support) my theory.
You seem to ignore my thoughts on what your god does for you. He seems to offer strength where none is. That is a pretty good option. It just is not something that I have faith in. Ya know, faith it is sorta imperative I have that to get the god given strength to do a thing. You have it? Splendid. More power to you. Me, ill take the blame and the accolades myself. Come what may.
I cannot see why this is so difficult for you to get.
Who is closed eyed now?
Also, jews believe slightly differing things to most christians. Muslims, budhists, taoists and mormons believe other stuff. Who is right? I know the answer to this. ALL OF THEM!
Get what ya need from what you have faith in and dump the rest.
Anywho. Worship on, worshippers!
(Extra Lolocaust: My heathen trained spell checker tried to change that to warship. I would have accepted whoreship as well.)
The error of indifferentism was corrected in 1832 by His Holiness Greg.

Remedial lessons for you.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

So your answer to my wall of text is a link to a site i will never click because you cannot answer it for yourself?
Splendid work. I look forward to ignoring your pathetic efforts at foruming.