Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Kobold

I'm also waiting on an IP exemption I put in eight days ago, and I made another post four days ago in the thread ('cuz I forgot some information). I have friend/family coming into town in a few days and I'm really hoping the IP exemption goes through by the time we want to play together.

The whole busy holiday thing makes sense, though. Thank you GM-folk for your hard work.
Last edited by QFuzzle; 12-30-2015 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Originally incorrect timing posted.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Large Bat

I got one in less than 24 hours back in November. Might take longer because of the holidays.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Aviak

Thanks for all the responses guys. It sounds like they are on it, but due to the Holidays I just need to be extra patient. I'll let the group know.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

Make sure you don't bump (i.e. post replies to) or resubmit the request while you wait - doing so moves you to last in line.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Aviak

Ok good to know, & we haven't.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:14 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Lu|zSect

Years
Last edited by Lu|zSect; 12-31-2015 at 01:15 AM.. Reason: Lol 60 Dru with 3 plvlable accts LoL
Old 12-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

IP exemption is a contentious aspect of this server....I propose....

They should patch the client with some image processing logic that requires concurrent sessions from the same IP to each be associated with an active and unique webcam. The logic would just make sure different faces are in front of each webcam. Every so often the server could poll the clients to make sure they still have unique faces sitting in front of them. If no face is in front of the webcam i.e. the user is AFK or attempting to duck check, the server could just stop processing most notifications from the client about game actions being taken. No big deal, once you get back to keyboard your actions get enabled in short order. The server could even post a message to a webcam ducking user that says "Hey dummy, sit up straight I can't see your face." The image data could either be processed locally or sent in some compressed form to the server in manner that doesn't allow it to be reassembled into an image a human could make anything out of... Naturally any GM would need the ability to manually audit these images from time to time in order to make sure someone hasn't just propped up a sex doll or something in front of a webcam (this point is moot depending on the quality of image processing software freely available.) This audit system might be initiated by the GM sending a tell to a user with a client session flagged as concurrent and asking for permission to audit. The user, after making sure they were presentable, would then issue a proprietary /giveauditpermission command to temporarily change the way the server collects the image data from his or her client so that the GM could scrutinize it. Lots of food for thought here...also totally outlandish in the context of project 1999 haha
Last edited by trite; 12-31-2015 at 02:00 PM..
Old 12-31-2015, 04:16 PM
Aviak

Update: Our Tank/Healer got their IP Exemptions today! Thank you to whoever processed that for us!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update: Our Tank/Healer got their IP Exemptions today! Thank you to whoever processed that for us!
Average turn around for IP exemptions currently is 3-5 days. I try to sit down and do them twice per week, but since the holidays, we all have been a little preoccupied.

Thanks for your patience
Old 12-31-2015, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Just keep bumping your petition
Closed Thread