Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Rogue Sneak/Hide

I am currently a level 7 halfling rogue, both sneak and hide are still @ 50 skill. I am using them pretty often and they are not going up at all. I did try training them in Rivervale but the trainer said he couldnt train me anymore.

What gives? According to the wiki, i'm passed the level now where these skills go into effect. Cant figure out why they wont go up in skill at all. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Halflings have the innate abilities to sneak and hide and start at skill level 50. Rogues can gain additional skill in both of them, but at a rate of level x5.

Your skill in both of them is more advance than your level would otherwise allow (player level x 5 skill levels). You'll see them go up after level 10. Don't bother spending points on them.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halflings have the innate abilities to sneak and hide and start at skill level 50. Rogues can gain additional skill in both of them, but at a rate of level x5.

Your skill in both of them is more advance than your level would otherwise allow (player level x 5 skill levels). You'll see them go up after level 10. Don't bother spending points on them.
Appreciate the reply, I don't understand though. Why will I start to see them go up after level 10, and not say..Now?
Old 08-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthalas Winterheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appreciate the reply, I don't understand though. Why will I start to see them go up after level 10, and not say..Now?
As a halfling, you started with 50 skill points in each.

As a rogue, your maximum increases by 5 per level. starting with 5 at level 1. At level two that becomes 10, 3=15, etc. But your maximum is already 50 from being a halfling so nothing changes.

Until level 10, that is, when you will be able to advance past 50.

To be even more clear.

If you have 50 skill points and you level up to 2 and the game tries to make your skill cap 10, it will be unable to because the game will not reduce your skill cap from 50.

let me know if I should paraphrase this any more times.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 08-10-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a halfling, you started with 50 skill points in each.

As a rogue, your maximum increases by 5 per level. starting with 5 at level 1. At level two that becomes 10, 3=15, etc. But your maximum is already 50 from being a halfling so nothing changes.

Until level 10, that is, when you will be able to advance past 50.

To be even more clear.

If you have 50 skill points and you level up to 2 and the game tries to make your skill cap 10, it will be unable to because the game will not reduce your skill cap from 50.

let me know if I should paraphrase this any more times.
Got it, I understand. Thanks guys.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Being able to freely roam in places like Sebilis, Kael Drakkal etc is great... hope you're enjoying it, gets good at 10, and even better when you get double backstab later on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread