Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-26-2022, 06:29 PM
Skeleton

Pretty much everything my characters '/say' is "in character".

That being said, though... the problems with roleplaying on EverQuest? Sooner or later, you will find yourself in situations where certain player interactions would be questionable from an immersive (roleplaying) standpoint. And the hardlined religion and good/evil race thing is often the breaks. It begs the question of how much of that should be reflected in the roleplaying interactions themselves. I mean, a tunarian wood elf and an iksar really shouldn't be getting along, right? And unless it's a bizarre 'enemy-of-my-enemy' situation, such duos really shouldn't ever be grouping together from a roleplaying standpoint. Should they?

Then there is also the question of what if the hostile race mismatch is not what it seems? What if that player has worked hard on their faction? Player reputation doesn't always speak for itself for other players. Some might argue that it create interesting conversations, but I would say it would get old having to explain to every passersby that you are a just a big dumb Troll version of Drizzt Do'Urden.

I still roleplay but you'll find that most people that RP keep it light for these sorts of reasons. These are some of the challenges that I find with even light roleplaying on P99. Along with much of the 'zerg'/'go-guy' slice of the community not really being interested in those kinds of interactions at all when there is exp and loot to be got.
Last edited by DallasNChains; 07-26-2022 at 06:37 PM..
Old 07-26-2022, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This from the guild leader who when videos were posted of two castle members boxing and afk camping with pet said “I asked them and they said they weren’t so that means they weren’t”

And you’re judging other people? Lmao
Dude. The "evidence" was a 30-second video of a mage pet killing a mob. They were innocent until proven guilty. And they were reported to GMs, so it's out of my hands. Just stop.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I will say, one of my best green memories was being helped by basketball on multiple occasions. He was the only Dark men member I ever actually saw in game, and he was super friendly.

I also remember Videri so well too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2022, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say, one of my best green memories was being helped by basketball on multiple occasions. He was the only Dark men member I ever actually saw in game, and he was super friendly.

I also remember Videri so well too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah tbh I never had anything but positive interactions with them in game. Even getting killed once running through the qeynos arena was pretty hilarious
Old 07-30-2022, 09:40 AM
Banned

Was dark men of odus like actually, actively racist? Or was their guild maybe a conscious attempt to tease out the inner hall monitor in other people? Honest question.

Either way I can see the gm's nuking them cause it's just too much of a headache to deal with 8 layers of internet irony when a complaint of racism comes up, regardless of intent.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was dark men of odus like actually, actively racist? Or was their guild maybe a conscious attempt to tease out the inner hall monitor in other people? Honest question.

Either way I can see the gm's nuking them cause it's just too much of a headache to deal with 8 layers of internet irony when a complaint of racism comes up, regardless of intent.
I thought the GMs disbanded them because nirgon like threw a fit over something and deleted some stuff in the UN
Old 07-30-2022, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a scale of Not Racist to KKK, I would rate it 'I sure love Fried Chicken and Watermelon, no particularly reason'.

There were some fine people, but you could definitely tell it was a bunch of painfully white internet nerds.
Old 07-31-2022, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

No, they were never actually racist. Its just SJW cancel culture bullshit.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a scale of Not Racist to KKK, I would rate it 'I sure love Fried Chicken and Watermelon, no particularly reason'.

There were some fine people, but you could definitely tell it was a bunch of painfully white internet nerds.
I feel as a foreigner i’m missing out on a cultural touch point here… everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon. Don’t you yank red necks like these things? Like its. A stereotype that whiteys don’t eat enough fruit or white meat?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel as a foreigner i’m missing out on a cultural touch point here… everyone loves fried chicken and watermelon. Don’t you yank red necks like these things? Like its. A stereotype that whiteys don’t eat enough fruit or white meat?
Stereotypes generally are for minorities: the majority culture usually only has few/lame stereotypes if any (eg. white men can't jump) ... because they are the dominant culture (ie. the ones making up the stereotypes about those other "weird" people). Minorities do make up stereotypes too (like "white men can't jump"), but they don't usually have the cultural power to make them into widespread stereotypes.

So yes, "yank red necks" ... and plenty of non-red-neck yanks also ... like watermelon and fried chicken. Personally, I can't stand watermelon, but my wife loves it, and we both <3 fried chicken ... but we're both white.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.