Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-11-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

How many android phones do you own loser.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah and the bank could obviously just fire most of its employees and require less information from customers to transfer (like all they need is the tranit and account number but they ask for your first born)

and they likely would ask for all that info and cause all the same waste if they were using crypto anyway...

but in a world where we were using crypto, it is not required that it's a ponzi scheme or whateer other circlejerks people who hate steve jobs want to call it.

It could outright just remove the banks and create a better way for consumers to exchange goods and services. And instead of banks you could have insurance companies to help safeguard transactions (that's what banks were at first anyway) I mean there are like a million possibilities, and crypto can be as secure and safe as anything else but what it can do that the others cant is be self sustaining.

And that's why in OUR WORLD itd be a better system, in the world where we all have email and internet and stuff, it would be better for us if it was embraced by the goverment over the petrodollar.

But it wouldn't be better for them! W
Old 05-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I'm already paid in digital currency. I get numbers added to my bank account and I use those numbers with debit and credit cards. I pay my bills all electronically and only ever use paper money when buying gas right now because with credit it costs even more. I can't even remember the last time I held a coin, and I'm being serious.

I know it's not the same thing as crypto but the currency I'm paid in is backed by the federal government, and my bank account is secured. In my remaining lifetime I don't anticipate a collapse of the dollar so I'm fine with it. Bitcoin had a meteoric rise and for some governments it's better to use it than their own currency. Shithole countries are starting that but the big countries like the U.S. and China are working to either limit crypto, regulate it or maybe start their own regulated crypto.

It's also nowhere near as safe and secure as people think. Just look at how much of it has been seized by the U.S. government.
Yabutt. Technically that money exists somewhere... in circulation. We need to actually get rid of that element.

You don't even need to own a device. Just have the government centrally track it and store the bits. You sign in and authenticate securely. With 3 factor authentication if you need more security because you're a normie billionaire after inflation.

BTW this is how you get 1 trillion ppl doing stuffs in your countries themepark of an economy. Efficiently.

I already covered the downside of centralization.

Maybe let ppl cash their bits out to their own devices.

It's always been seashells.

Countries no longer have their money backed by like real stuff like gold and paper money is a trashy fuel source.

At least most of the EU backs it's fiat with mostly decent socialized medicine and nukes which is way more valuable than oil, plastic, or gold. Oh and mental health care for the homeless and obese.
Last edited by starkind; 05-11-2022 at 03:34 PM..
Old 05-11-2022, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Jib you figure out your bank teller situation yet? Lmk if you need help I’ll talk you through it
Last edited by Kaveh; 05-11-2022 at 04:41 PM..
Old 05-11-2022, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the difference is that you perceive the dollar to be more stable than I do.

The real money that we use is not at all comparable to the meme, ponzi scheme money. We need real money to be year-over-year and decade-over-decade stable. Damn hour-to-hour.

I don't think any monetary system whether real, digital or imaginary is stable. It's all built on premise of perpetual growth.
It's way more stable than crypto. That's being proven this week. Look at Luna. No, it's not Bitcoin but crypto in general has zero stability.

You can argue that Bitcoin is crashing right now, and someone else can just as easily argue that it should never have gotten this high in the first place.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jib you figure out your bank teller situation yet? Lmk if you need help I’ll talk you through it
yeah thanks, so I'm just past your moms clitoris.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah thanks, so I'm just past your moms clitoris.
damn I’m crying laughing, you got so mad. How much did you lose on crypto ?

PS: when my mother was alive, she’d never touch a redneck.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

in crypto I have lost like 5k

(to the goverment in the form of taxes)

Id be more worried why crypto makes you so upset? How much did you lose?
Old 05-12-2022, 04:47 AM
Sarnak

bought the dip at 25k
Old 05-12-2022, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yabutt. Technically that money exists somewhere... in circulation.
you dont actually believe that do you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]