Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Default How to change the keybind for flipping pages in the spellbook?

Hey there,

Does anyone know how to change this keybind? It's defaulted to Shift + arrows (left and right) which requires 2 hands on the keyboard. I've looked all through the "keys" section in options and don't see it anywhere.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

I don't need to use shift to page through the spellbook arrow keys alone work fine

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

That seems to work for me too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...Still way inconvenient
Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

You can't press shirt+arrow with one hand?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, why not?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems to work for me too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...Still way inconvenient
It's inconvenient to hit left and right? not sure how you would hotkey it anymore convenient.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's inconvenient to hit left and right? not sure how you would hotkey it anymore convenient.
Well yeah to do that you have to either take your hand off the mouse or move your left hand all the way to the other side of the keyboard. Since I've started playing enchanter I am constanty swapping spells. It would be nice to be able to do that while always keeping my left hand on the movement keys and right hand on the mouse.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Kobold

/book 1

/book 5

etc.

Make each of these a macro for pages 1/2 , 2/3, 3/4, etc and bind them to each of your numpad numbers through hotbar 8 or 9 or one you dont actively use. Problem solved. If you happen to frequently use more than 9 sets of pages in your spellbook you need to re-evaluate how you sort it.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well yeah to do that you have to either take your hand off the mouse or move your left hand all the way to the other side of the keyboard. Since I've started playing enchanter I am constanty swapping spells. It would be nice to be able to do that while always keeping my left hand on the movement keys and right hand on the mouse.
Bind your keys based on overall usage in concentric circles around your H key including remapping your keys for typing. You may find it inconvenient at first but your play style will more closely resemble driving a bus and you should find yourself more in sync with natures natural rythyms including the Fibonacci number.

Or read the thread, bind your hot keys to two bars and never use your mouse again...

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bind your keys based on overall usage in concentric circles around your H key including remapping your keys for typing. You may find it inconvenient at first but your play style will more closely resemble driving a bus and you should find yourself more in sync with natures natural rythyms including the Fibonacci number.

Or read the thread, bind your hot keys to two bars and never use your mouse again...
Oh man this post had me rolling at work
Closed Thread