Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-04-2021, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m ignorant of the majority of Christian theology, but I sometimes wonder if my Christian friends are saddened by my fate to suffer eternally bc of my refusal to accept Jesus as my savior.

Why would god even allow my soul to become trapped in such a loathsome plane? What are the criteria for my salvation, and why are they necessary at all?

It doesn’t make any sense to me.
Well, if I had to sum up the clouds and pearly gates of the jewish religion, I'd say it'd be you are in a giant temple, and god is there, and his glory shines on you like the warm sun, and you bask in it, and enjoy it and love it and it loves you and it is glorious.

But, imagine that glory sound's like, a 100 year old Jewish grandmother yelling at you about how you've really blown it in life, and she's just relentless and shes going ON and ON and ON.

Now, I love my grandma, so I can put up with it, infact I love it, she was amazing, what a champ.

But say, imagine if hitler was in that room? and he had to listen to that, day in, day out, over and over and over?

Well, soudns like hell for him eh?

So hell isnt really, a plane to be trapped in, but it may just be that you get stuck somewhere you just dont fit in.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I could go on and on.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Pink grapefruit, this is an interesting way to look at the whole bible prophecy end times stuff.

Basically, jesus said he would return to judge the living and the dead and setup his kingdom on earth, bringing peace and happiness the way god had intended for years to come.

And after he said that, lots of people have had visions of signs that would lead to a day that he'd return and some of those people put it into the bible.

OR!... they wrote about the fall of the Jewish temple in Israel in 70AD and mistakenly hundreds of years later people assumed that those writings were signs of things to come, and not colorful descriptions of events that happened.

ANYWAY.. fast forward to the bible prophecy of today: Basically, people read into what may or may not be prophecy, and try to cross reference it with things that are happening in modern times so they can sort of "decode the bible" to predict his coming... that's where you get the rapture dates and stuff that you see in the news.

In the 60's and during the globalist movements people started getting creative and that's where the microchips come from, basically they think "oh well, that's one way you could have a like 666 icon on your hand or forehead like Revelations."

Now, I personally think that John (the author of the book of revelations) was a clever guy and was writing a sort of: "These are the signs your empire is collapsing - and how to survive after" series of newsletters for the Christian churches while Rome was struggling to keep itself together.

I cant help but think if you look at how all the empires collapse leading up to the writers time, and to ours, it's all basically the same. Same behavior. Same tragic events that shake the foundations of the empire. Famines, wars, natural disasters.

I think the author of revelation is saying, "if you have X number of disasters in X number of months, move the kids to the hills"

So it's more practical than paranormal.

And that's what gets my creative end times prophecy juices flowing.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-04-2021 at 09:32 PM..
Old 09-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Banned

Clueless is what I'm thinking.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Ruminating is bad for your Jiblets
Old 09-05-2021, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Say what you will, but my favorite terminator movie series they talk about regularly on the news like it's really happening so I have the most fun.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Banned

the only downsides of accepting jesus as ur saviors are:

resurection (fuck)
being one of the chosen (and living thru the apocolypse
going to heaven (lol fuck its probably terrible)

however, no one's really sold me on hell, tho outer space and infinite self replication and domination of biological species throughout the universe does sound kinda fun
Old 09-05-2021, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

I think it’s going to be a pretty tough call when the aliens come and they’re like look you can come with us and get on the spaceships and live with us forever using these dialysis machines and stuff..

And then like the glowing guy is like no no now trust me there’s nothing out there these guys are crazy come with me and bask in my glory.

The problem I have with pretty much every single alien an afterlife theory is that it creates these like super intelligent beings that for some reason want to keep us guessing the ultimate truth and never having any reliable information whatsoever to make that decision.

Makes no sense, to literally create a situation where the most important question that could ever be asked it’s like impossible to answer because you have zero actual data to make a decision from.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] plot holes are plot holes!
Old 09-05-2021, 03:08 PM
Kobold

I am not looking forward to water scarcity.

Wars over water are going to be a disgusting human endeavor that I can only hope desalination technology can outpace
Old 09-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Banned

To boldly go where no man would go before. Deep into the interior of Pelosi.

You need to wear a mask! With the vaccine, you don't need a mask! You need to wear two masks and stand twelve feet apart!
It puts the hand sanitizer on it's skin or it gets the hose again!
Old 09-05-2021, 10:57 PM
Banned

I'd rather wear a burka than give myself a wicked sunburn or sunscreen poisoning.