Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying everything the United States are her NGO's does are all good or all evil. Our genocides may mostly be in our past, but they happened and learning about that is crucial, despite what certain people think about things like critical race theory or what-have-you.

I'm just applying the same standard to China. Maybe they're doing more genocides now than we used to, or it's just the same shit but with modern technology which brings with it modern scrutiny... but I don't see them as really that different.

Maybe China is trying to speed run the same path America is on, if you think of their adoption of capitalist systems in the 70s as the beginning of China version nine or whatever the hell it is.
If we were guilty of it in the past and you disliked it, shouldn't we be opposed to it in the present?

Old 02-26-2023, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh, I don't, a shitload of people will die.
well duh, that's the point. who wants to share bug protein with foreigners?

>As war in Ukraine continues, US officials warn Beijing to stay out of it
Last edited by Ekco; 02-26-2023 at 04:44 PM..
Old 02-26-2023, 04:44 PM
Banned

Yes, society is in decline when restaurants have to ban shitty parents from dropping off their out of control little monsters for the restaurant staff to parent and babysit for them, just like schools have to do

Sorry not sorry, bad parents everywhere. If you don’t want your shitty kids around you, no one else does either. Thank God that private businesses can legally say they don’t want your little brats around
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 02-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we were guilty of it in the past and you disliked it, shouldn't we be opposed to it in the present?
I wasn't implying I liked it, I don't like any imperialist states.

I don't approve of what China is supposedly doing to the Uyghurs. I remain skeptical of any journalism regarding China from the western media, and I certainly don't believe reporting that comes from Chinese media sources.

However, I can do even less about what China is doing than I can about what America is doing, and I can't do very much about either.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't implying I liked it, I don't like any imperialist states.

I don't approve of what China is supposedly doing to the Uyghurs. I remain skeptical of any journalism regarding China from the western media, and I certainly don't believe reporting that comes from Chinese media sources.

However, I can do even less about what China is doing than I can about what America is doing, and I can't do very much about either.
Skepticism is OK, I'm right there with you. Just wanted to clear up the other part.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is exactly wrong.
Every person you know can be encouraged to NOT BUY CHINA MADE STUFF. May need to do without an iPhone for a year (or two) but eventually we ALL can do something, if Apple cant sell a China made iPhone to Americans (or Aussies for that matter) they will either move manufacturing, or only sell to the massive (but shrinking) Chinese market. Either way we (as a collective) get what we want.
China will obviously say Bigly Unfair To China, world bullies us!
We say, its not that we dont want you to make our stuff or hate you, its just we want to buy stuff we made.
Takes time, but it also took time for china to become the worlds factory.
Simples.
But we all cant agree on ANYTHING, or suffer a loss of a $2000 iDroid from our pockets.
Go China!
Old 02-26-2023, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Well it looks like Elizondo gets the chance again to be a pedo groomer Trump supporter!

With Trump running, nearly all Republican senators say no to a presidential bid
Old 02-26-2023, 05:34 PM
Banned

Fair enough, there are certain products I boycott anyways. I'll try. I bet there's some where it's just unavoidable though. Don't use iphones, no idea about other people I know since I haven't seen anyone in forever
Old 02-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly wrong.
Every person you know can be encouraged to NOT BUY CHINA MADE STUFF. May need to do without an iPhone for a year (or two) but eventually we ALL can do something, if Apple cant sell a China made iPhone to Americans (or Aussies for that matter) they will either move manufacturing, or only sell to the massive (but shrinking) Chinese market. Either way we (as a collective) get what we want.
China will obviously say Bigly Unfair To China, world bullies us!
We say, its not that we dont want you to make our stuff or hate you, its just we want to buy stuff we made.
Takes time, but it also took time for china to become the worlds factory.
Simples.
But we all cant agree on ANYTHING, or suffer a loss of a $2000 iDroid from our pockets.
Go China!
My brother in Vegemite, have you not heard of comparative advantage?
Old 02-26-2023, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My brother in Vegemite, have you not heard of comparative advantage?
Nope, but I may be compelled to look it the fuck up. And i'd be suprised if you do in fact like Vegemite. Most people dont. It asalts the senses.
Closed Thread