Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-29-2022, 02:54 PM
Banned

Default Deepfakes

Check this out: https://collider.com/bruce-willis-se...firm-deepcake/

Quote:
Actor Bruce Willis Becomes First Celebrity to Sell Rights to Deepfake Firm
I would love to see the contract he signed with this company. I have so many questions that this little article does not answer.

Is there a certain time period during which they can use his likeness? How long is it? Is it indefinite? Do certain time periods change the payment he presumably gets?
What happens after the real man passes away, someday?
Do any royalties go to his extended family?
Can this company sell the rights to his likeness, and if so, are there parameters for the new buyer to abide by?
Can the rights to his likeness be rescinded by his ancestors?

It's a weird concept. Maybe I'm just bored.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check this out: https://collider.com/bruce-willis-se...firm-deepcake/

I would love to see the contract he signed with this company. I have so many questions that this little article does not answer.

Is there a certain time period during which they can use his likeness? How long is it? Is it indefinite? Do certain time periods change the payment he presumably gets?
What happens after the real man passes away, someday?
Do any royalties go to his extended family?
Can this company sell the rights to his likeness, and if so, are there parameters for the new buyer to abide by?
Can the rights to his likeness be rescinded by his ancestors?

It's a weird concept. Maybe I'm just bored.
I want out of this nightmare
Old 09-29-2022, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

His cognitive decline has been bad the last few years. I doubt it was truly his consent on the signature.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 09-29-2022, 03:02 PM
Banned

I dunno. He's quoted in the article and did this for some Russian commercial last year, apparently. Not that I disagree that he's kind of degrading, but that's based mostly on the awful movies he's agreed to make over the last few decades. I guess maybe he wants to keep his SAG card for healthcare, or whatever, so maybe it's all just pragmatic.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
His cognitive decline has been bad the last few years. I doubt it was truly his consent on the signature.
"you mean my soul, will be in the pictures... forever? I will be immortal?"
Old 09-29-2022, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

What's this? Hollywood is so out of ideas that it's no longer content with re-making movies, now it wants to re-make the actors as well? I suppose CGI actors don't gripe about their pay, don't get drunk or show up late for work, don't balk at bad writing, don't argue with their co-workers, and don't get old. Seems attractive from the corporate side.

I suppose beats Bela Lugosi dying and getting replaced by a dude with a cloak over his face.

Danth
Old 09-29-2022, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's this? Hollywood is so out of ideas that it's no longer content with re-making movies, now it wants to re-make the actors as well? I suppose CGI actors don't gripe about their pay, don't get drunk or show up late for work, don't balk at bad writing, don't argue with their co-workers, and don't get old. Seems attractive from the corporate side.

I suppose beats Bela Lugosi dying and getting replaced by a dude with a cloak over his face.

Danth
One sign of a declining empire is death of culture.

Recycled Marvel movies is a dying culture
Old 09-29-2022, 03:18 PM
Banned

Yeah but America is also the first country to basically export its culture en masse. One of a handful of actual new ideas I attribute to America. Seems to me our movies and tv shows and such are far more influential and widespread than anything I'm aware of previous empires doing. Seems the only one that would hold a candle is the British, and we've obviously eclipsed them in worldwide social clout.

Not that this kind of thing isn't potentially dangerous. Deepfakes applied correctly could absolutely ruin someone's life. Think about how many teachers have been run out of education just on the suspicion of child abuse without any tangible evidence.

It's a weird, weird world we're entering. Think Charlton Heston's ancestors would let him get rezzed? James Earl Jones apparently sold his voice rights to play Darth Vader, since the franchise is gonna outlive him.