Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-15-2024, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

dont worry about him hes a turbonerd for red
Old 01-16-2024, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m confused what you are talking about but apparently that makes two of us.

Typically “bowquest” as a topic is related to dmg bonus pvp. As that’s been the drive for pages now as Troxx is looking for an Earthshaker I assumed you meant as much.

There is nothing Troxx or anyone can or can’t do without an Earthshaker. It’s an almost a nonexistent bump in bow dps and a tool for racers.
Almost nonexistent? At 55 it’s 10 more damage per shot at 70 delay compared to 49 delay. Average non-crit bow hit for me is like 50. That’s a 20% bump in averages bow damage.

But yes you are correct about everything else.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 01-16-2024 at 10:31 AM..
Old 01-16-2024, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outside MOTG and a 1st shot proc what other races will a 200 range bow and 150 range arrows beat a thin bone wand?
Dozekar can be shot at 350 range, as can Statue (though that's not a race currently). Sev, Gore maybe if you ran with a Bard but probably only with a 1st shot proc and extremely tight timing due to the faster run speed engage, so probably not in practice. Talendor and Faydedar, but guaranteed noone cares enough about racing them that hard. That's all that I can think of, at least, everything else I can think of you get sight line much closer than 350.

I don't think anyone is actually doing any of that though, at least as far as I know.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

I would guess the price increase is due to Rangers looking to optimize bow damage since its BIS mainhand for bow DPS.

There are limited raid uses, but people do archery in raid situations; I've watched Kittens archery Zlex a bunch of times, Rangers routinely archery glimmer drakes, there's other cases where a ranger might reasonably choose to bow instead of melee like Klandicar. Its not critical, but its enough that you probably want an Earthshaker if you're a ranger and you're gearing up, its a decent part of the kit.

Its also going to be used by leveling rangers doing bow rotting, which is probably also increasing demand to up the price.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know much about rangers so pardon my ignorance but why would an earthshaker be a FTE tool?
Old 01-16-2024, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know much about rangers so pardon my ignorance but why would an earthshaker be a FTE tool?
It looks like the proc rate is driven off the mainhand delay just like the damage bonus is, which means you use a 7 second delay instead of 6 on Windstriker. That marginally increases the chance you proc, which aggros instantly instead of having to wait for the arrow to fly to the target.
Old 01-16-2024, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like the proc rate is driven off the mainhand delay just like the damage bonus is, which means you use a 7 second delay instead of 6 on Windstriker. That marginally increases the chance you proc, which aggros instantly instead of having to wait for the arrow to fly to the target.
gotcha

so do we have a bunch of rangers sitting on the line dueling enc / shaman keeping them slowed? lol

just thinking back to OT hammers and what not...had a lot more first swing procs when slowed
Old 01-16-2024, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

With 49 delay my gleed bow procs like crazy. An extra delay of 21 would see a lot higher percentage chance at proc.

Large races trying to FTE with a bow proc and a weighted axe is likely ludicrous. Without any haste and max dex it should proc like every other shot.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-16-2024, 11:41 PM
Fire Giant

Toxigen it apears as if its YOU who has no idea what WE are talking about as you admitted yourself, with your contemptuous avatar you would be kicked out of any real life social gathering making facial expresions like that. Go back to ur moms house.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost nonexistent? At 55 it’s 10 more damage per shot at 70 delay compared to 49 delay. Average non-crit bow hit for me is like 50. That’s a 20% bump in averages bow damage.

But yes you are correct about everything else.
I’m not knocking them. I have two. I’m saying comparatively on a Velium bow it’s a slight bump over an OT mallet. On a dagarn and capped haste it’s a big deal.

Enjoy the grind and get a Velium bow. Thats the bottleneck at the moment. And finding stuff that won’t break your index finger to rot.