Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green or Blue

I'm guessing this has been asked before, but perhaps not with my specific qualifications. I finally convinced my wifey to make a duo with me (going Cleric/Enchanter), and once my IP exception thingy gets approved (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=427190), we'll be able to give it a go.
Since that request seems to take awhile, I've had some time to consider if we should go Green or Blue. I'm super new (haven't really played much since like 20+ years ago), so I'm not sitting on a lot of resources on either server. I'm not sure I FULLY understand the differences between the two servers, but I did read many times that there are less lower level folks in Blue. I thought this might be nice, because we plan on just duoing, and we won't have to worry as much about different camps already being claimed.
Thoughts?
Old 01-06-2024, 08:11 AM
Kobold

At this point they are the same server and it doesn't matter which you play on. One has a bit more players that the other. Many play on both. It doesn't matter I think personally. Someone will have some huge breakdown I'm sure but that's it.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:39 AM
Kobold

I'm in a similar boat to you guys. I started playing again recently, albeit casually. I have a 56 rogue, 58 chanter, and 60 cleric on blue, but decided to go green because of the higher pop. I feel like EQ is most enjoyable with social interaction and grouping. That being said, Blue isn't a ghost town. I hopped on my old toons to look around, and there's some action.

If you guys plan to duo most of the time Blue might be the better choice. Less competition for camps.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 01-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

Imagine playing the only mmo ever created ( by geniouses) based on DND, where u can attack and kill every single npc but cant attack players? that doesnt make sense, it was clearly intented for you to be able to attack players.
now we might have a 4 pvp level range, but in the only zone that matters (skyshrine) where the GUardian Robe Drops, the pvp is limitless. And thats what your life will be like on RED99,
LIMITLESS
Old 01-07-2024, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Red99ers are like Wolowitz when he went to space. Literally ANYTHING can be related back to Red(is dead)99.

Question: PVE Blue or PVE Green?
Helpful response #1...
Try Red99 it is a totally different beast with a declined, obsesive, spiteful population that drove off most of the "normies" so needs to recruit new bait for their phishing trips.
Hint: If you get a message saying "Lemme pl you" it means to within 4 lvls of my lowest toon so I can play wiff my food before i eat it.
Yo myalage mai vary.

Also this...
Quote:
created ( by geniouses)
just lolocaust
Old 01-07-2024, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

green if you want to group up with others a few times a week, ask the green forums where the exp highways are
blue if you want to solo most of the time and get into awkward "mine!" phases at 50+ where many classes are forced to group
Old 01-09-2024, 05:05 PM
Kobold

When I started several months back I personally chose green because of the higher server population. I've never played on Blue but as many have said they are effectively the same server dynamics just Blue is a bit older and Green is a bit newer which is why you see a higher pop and more range of character levels on green.

Both servers have a competitive end game raid scene. Aside from that you will find most exp camps pretty much wide open. Even with the higher population on green you will have no problem finding virtually any camp you want as a duo with little to no contesting.

I suspect the only real different is finding groups for classes that need to group to exp at higher levels. Since that doesn't seem to be a point of concern for you its basically a coin toss. You will likely find no meaningful difference in your experience based on what you have stated from either server.
Old 01-09-2024, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

No refutal of my point, typical argument by ultra nerds who grief newbies out of low lv spawns more on blue/green then red ever will have.

Red isnt dead, theres new players regularly and the griefers who own 10 twinks with fungis often get banned for rmt/trains.

On blue/green= you compete for a camp vs nerds who play 48 hours a day and theres no pvp solution to competing for the camp.

Every1 on red is cool and normal, we have lives. we dont play 48 hours a day.

If you bluebies ever dared to play on red you would be slaughtered because youre all braindead from brainless 25 years old pve content, with the reaction time of some1 who is 200 years old.

And I have a Guardian Robe btw.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:20 PM
Aviak

I'll play red, PM if you can give me any starter funds / noob gear.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

So the Guardian robe is the Warder Loot of Red(is dead)99?
Seems lame. But you do you i spose. /shrug

Ohh i see saves. Like Jesus saves, except its Guardian Saves. Bingo!