Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Default NPC Charm in PoHate

Charm is so absurdly ridiculous at the moment in this zone. At 250 MR, attempting to pull the revenants will make you want to rage quit the game. Without even being tashed a level 50 mob is able to land chain charms on me (at level 60) which last anywhere from 10-40 seconds. I'm currently on a raid but if I ever get the fuck out of this revenants house I will look up some evidence proving charm should not be this powerful.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...hlight=maestro

Quote:
Forsaken Revenants - Male ones are magicians and drop Apothic armor (magician), females ones are enchanters and drop Insidious armor (enchanters). Female revenants don't charm.
Quote:
Forsaken Revanant, Female - undead Enchanter - They look like female vampires and have high magic resistance, but they do not cast charm.
It just needs Dev traction + a patch.

Also this is a byproduct of us having a 500 Based resist system, not a 255. It makes having 'high' resists (what would be deemed high in classic, 200-255) not all that reliable against dark blue cons. Which is stupid unless you're a bard then you can get up to 450 and be able to resist stuff with reasonable frequency. Anyone other than a bard may as well not bother though.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

I heard that Tolapumj charms also, so I did a little research and I can't find anything stating that Tolapumj can charm (just that he has chanter spells and gates). The only thing I can remember charming back in the day was a few mobs in Mistmoore. Here is a link to old Ilia's for Tolapumj; I would have thought someone would mention the charming of your MT being a PITA.

http://web.archive.org/web/200112252....shtml?id=4572

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 05-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Planar Protector

This is still absurd in Hate. The female revs are still landing charm at 265+ MR at least 80% of the time and they are doing so without LOS or a range check. Yesterday I stood in inny's room, popped a stalking probe, ran his ass down towards the revs, and immediately got charmed/poofed down to where the revs live after the mob took maybe 4 steps from his spawn location and started casting allure.

Please fix this.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Developer

Should require LoS to start casting, but I seem to remember getting nailed by spells if the NPC got close enough to start casting even if I was running away. It was usually only the first cast because I would be out of range for the second one, unless the first brought me down to low.

I was on the wrong end of a wizard fight a few times where I would see them casting, try to stop after a few feet and they would land a spell with the same range as the one I was trying to cast, but I was still out of range until they ran 2 feet closer.

I kept LoS broken as much as possible running behind hills and walls because I knew if the started casting, they would always finish.

Memory is biased though, provide some proof this wasn't the case and we can look into it.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

If you read my post from yesterday you'll see that I wasn't even physically pulling, I was using stalking probes on an entirely different floor behind numerous walls to break line of sight.

Standing in Inny's room, clicking a stalking probe, walking it down to the first floor into a rev house yielded me being charmed from where I stood and warped down to rev house as his new charmed pet. Additionally I had 265MR at level 60. It's one thing to get charmed by Jumpy or a red con dragon, but being in max resist gear and getting charmed by a dark blue 9/10 times is absolutely ridiculous.

The issues that need to be addressed are line of sight checks for charm spells (I hear this is an issue in VP too), range check for charm spells, and resist rate of charm spells. Currently all three of these issues are broken irreparably. An additional inquiry should be directed at enchanter mobs casting charm when they already have a summoned pet.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Developer

The charm with a pet deal was specifically created recently with evidence, but the resist rate and LoS issues are worth looking into. It will be a few days until I'm back at home, but I can do some testing then.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

It's already been stated that PoHate revenants should not be charming at all. Other mobs charming is another matter.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

There are a few. Severilious charming people with his wolf pet up for example. Or:

Quotes from 2000

Quote:
The next one we had us 2(druids) and a bard. I got charmed and blinded for a few seconds and regained controll. When blind i kept hitting the hot key for carless lighting and heard it go off. I was the one getting beet because I ran up to it to see if just one hit would kill it, not true. well when I could see again a few seconds later, about 3 round I would guess, the EE was almost dead and the pet was close also. we made short work of it.
I then heard that thy drop something called a polish bone bracer. I got to wanting to get it so i soloed one at 21 again I was charmed and then blinded when it wor off. when the blind wor the eye died and the pet was next. I snared it and ran to electicute it. Piece of cake. A friend watching me asked if i needed help and I said no. He told me if I was looking for the pet it was next to him. No it was on the other side of the rocks where i killed it. I saw that he had taken out the pet to help and the EE must have sommoned another one. So its best to take the EE first.
There are a few in there that talk about getting charmed and having to deal with the evil eye pet after.

Getting charmed by a mob with a pet already is classic.

Forsaken revanents casting charm is NOT CLASSIC
Getting charmed with high frequency at level 60 with 100-250MR by level 50 mobs is NOT CLASSIC
Old 05-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why was range check removed from finish casting?
because classic

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=122324