Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Kobold

Default The College of Adventure is Recruiting!

Welcome! The college of Adventure is a CST based guild, looking for mature and helpful recruits! We are new and are open to accepting members of all calibers. We value three things here at the College and that's...
Coming Together!
Growing Together!
and Working Together!

We offer a respectful, mature, intelligent and friendly playing environment, in turn we ask the same from you!

If you're new to P99 and looking to learn and level, or level 46 and motivated to get into some raiding content we have a place for you!

Being a new guild we ask that people bring their motivation, great personalities, and patience as we get off the ground here in the great world of Norrath!

Visit us at www.college.shivtr.com, or find us here/ingame!

-Zukoe Firelord
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

CoA day one, EC shenanigans!
Old 05-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Kobold

I saw Laviishii in Innothule Swamp: an Erudite Paladin, no less! Certainly living up to the Guild's namesake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Shame about playing time CST. A common occurrence, I fear.

Wish you all the best, and will keep an eye out for the Guild. Hope that you stick to your core beliefs and resist the temptation to relax the beliefs just to grow numbers. Much, much better to have a smaller group who are committed to the Guild - through good and bad - and exemplify its values than fairweather members, for whom the tag above their heads mean very little.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Today we are hosting a guild run into Najena for new comers who need drops from that dungeon! Minimum level 10! This is a good chance to get some items, make some friends and really enjoy this game the way it was meant to be!

The goal is to complete this awesome experience with team work and as little help from high level characters as possible! Anyone interested should apply and register for the event on the website>events.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:54 AM
Kobold

In light of the Outage, I would like to lay out the vision of CoA.

The College of Adventure is a guild created for those who love the game, in its truest form. We do not cater to one play style or one goal. We Are made of characters from all walks of EQ life, casual, hardcore, raiding, Orc Camp 1, new, old what ever. What we value is team work and community. A place where we can ask questions, ask for help, come together and work together with a good understanding that were here for EACHOTHER, not just ourselves.

In turn this cohesive and well rounded community will be successful and we WILL be able to conduct raids, and enjoy end game content, this is a promise. There are no set rules or standards for a guild to be successful, other than one... to work together and we will do that!

Our first goal is to grow in numbers, sadly Norrath isn't real life. So in order for us to have the ability to react and be effective as a team we need numbers, online, and in level range. So we need a good amount of members in the guild. We will not discriminate at first look, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt. However I ask all members, new or old, monitor for toxic behavior within the guild and report it immediately.

Our second goal is to be organized. We will achieve this by communicating in game as well as out of game. This begins with being registered on this website, and monitoring and signing up for events in advance so we can know what to expect come event day. Trying to plan events blind can be difficult, and its not a good practice. So please use the events page on the website, and sign up when able to!

Our third goal is to communicate, and we will do this by using (currently Razer Comms) a voice chat program as linked on the main page. Also by communicating in game or otherwise. By communicating we can be more cohesive, share common goals, and make faster progress forward.

Our final goal is to execute, and by doing this we will combine all of the previous steps, with a bit of leadership and planning. We can begin taking steps forward into more risky and dangerous environments in game, but with that risk, comes great reward. And that's why we are all here....

At anytime yourself or your friends could be at any phase of this, and this cycle repeats itself at all levels in game. So Its a constant rotation of these traits at a certain level or area. This can apply to everyone in EC grinding orc camp 1, everyone in the 20's raiding Najena next weekend, or the big guys up in the Plane of Sky taking down Eye of Veeshan. It never changes, and should always be implemented to maintain a higher standard of game play and a higher standard of community.

Always learning, always growing... the College of Adventure

http://www.college.shivtr.com
Old 05-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey there. Old EQ player from forever ago. With all the hype and apparent letdown of the new progression server I have read about I think I've got the bug again. Been a decade since I've played but I'm sick of the carebear, solo tastic crap fest of MMOs today.

I just setup everything for P99 but alas, the server is down so I can't jump in. Would love to join an active and social guild who doesn't mind a new guy in the crew. I'll level fast though as I have free time and dedication to spare. Wont be asking for any handouts or handholding but a helpful and gracious community to be a part of would be fantastic.

I never got beyond level 40ish in live (monk). Had many alts but mostly in the teens and twentys (war, enc, maybe a rog too?). Not entirely sure what I want to play as yet but I am leaning towards a Bard or Shaman. I like to provide utility in groups but be a little more sturdy than a chanter. The speed bonus is certainly appealing as well. From what I've read though shamans seem to be one of the most popular classes so Im leaning bard at this point. If you dont mind taking on someone new I will send you a tell in game when server comes back up.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Your guild sounds like just what I am looking for! I just got P99 all set up last night and am hoping to make a character today. I started playing on the Ragefire progression server on EQ live a few days ago and am having fun, but also want to experience the game as it was back in the day, mainly for the sense of community.

I look forward to seeing you guys in game when I am able. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My character will likely be an enchanter named Vivexa, will update here if it turns out to be something different. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (I'm an altoholic so we will see what I end up with. ;P)
Old 05-26-2015, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Right now I'm a 16 Necromancer. I chose the class because I figured, with the amount of time I'll be able to play (sporadically two hours at a time), I'd go with a tried and true solo class.

With that said, I do prefer to group when I have the chance. I also have the itch to play a Cleric, Bard, or Ranger.

Right now I'm just focused on being a part of a group of players to socialize and eventually tackle harder content.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Elyeina (spelling?)

I recently grouped with one of your guild (Elyeina). Soon after I joined the group, everyone disbanded. One was on the way back from getting SoW and noticed him going back to the camp we were at. On a gut feeling (since he was going back to the camp), I decided to invis up and check the camp out. Elyeina and one of the other former members were back at the camp together. Is this the type of people you let in your guild? I'm pretty sure she was twinked (whereas I wasn't), so my thinking is I got ditched because I was "holding them back" or something. Anyway, it's left a sour taste in my mouth if that's the case.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Kobold

We Are running a Najena raid this coming Saturday for levels 15-20 and slaughtered all the Burning Dead in Befallen last night. We have active groups leveling up together come check us out on our webpage or look for members in game if interested in joining.

You will definitely enjoy your time with this crew.
Closed Thread